Interview reschedule

sadsoul

Registered Users (C)
I had an interview this friday. But the officer said that my residence proof is not enough and she wanted to see my bank statement so that she can see all the transactions. So, she said that I need to send them the evidence and then I will get a new interview date. I came back home and mailed the documents right away. So, anyone have idea how long will it take to get a new interview date? Will it have any effect in my application?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an interview in Anaheim this friday. But the officer said that my residence proof is not enough and she wanted to see my bank statement so that she can see all the transactions around Los Angeles. So, she said that I need to send them the evidence and then I will get a new interview date. I came back home and mailed the documents right away. So, anyone have idea how long will it take to get a new interview date? Will it have any effect in my application?

Thanks a lot!

were you applying for green card or citizen, what all residence proofs you send first time..

I had an interview in Anaheim this friday. But the officer said that my residence proof is not enough and she wanted to see my bank statement so that she can see all the transactions around Los Angeles. So, she said that I need to send them the evidence and then I will get a new interview date. I came back home and mailed the documents right away. So, anyone have idea how long will it take to get a new interview date? Will it have any effect in my application?

Thanks a lot!

You should get an interview date within 30 days

It was my asylum interview. It has been just 3 months that I moved here. I provided a letter from notary which states that I reside here after submitting my uncle's state id and utility bills in notary. At first, I didn't sent any residence proof. I had the notary letter when I went to interview last Friday. I am feeling really depressed now. When I got my interview letter last time, they just asked for my birth certificate and relationship certificate with my family. In the interview, the officer asked that she needed to see my bank statements.

no problem, she just want to make sure you been living here for time that u stated, if u have send bank statement and it has something every month on it for that period, it is a good proof. nothing to worry. it may take a little bit extra time but nothing to worry.
good bless u

Thanks a lot!

Since you had the proof and had mailed them the required documents (bank statements), I am sure everything will be ok.
You might want to call the office once in a while just to "remind" them that you are waiting for the next interview date.

May I ask you some questions?
How long does it take from the time you mail the asylum application until the date of your finger print?
and how long does it take from the time you mail the asylum application until the date of your first interview at Anaheim office?

Thank You

I mailed my docs in last week of November. I got a notice for fingerprint within 5 days. I did my fingerprint the next day. Then I got my interview date exactly after 2 weeks. Then had my interview 3 weeks after that notice. Do I need to keep reminding them?
Whenever I call Anaheim office, its just automated machine which says to mail any inquiry in writing. Also they didnt gave back the first interview notice. They kep it with themselves.
When the asylum officer was taking me to exit, I told her that I was really depressed and asked how long will it take? She said that the applications are not backlogged so it should be soon. But after some google, I found out it takes ages which really depressed me.

I mailed my docs in last week of November. I got a notice for fingerprint within 5 days. I did my fingerprint the next day. Then I got my interview date exactly after 2 weeks. Then had my interview 3 weeks after that notice. Do I need to keep reminding them?
Whenever I call Anaheim office, its just automated machine which says to mail any inquiry in writing. Also they didnt gave back the first interview notice. They kep it with themselves.
When the asylum officer was taking me to exit, I told her that I was really depressed and asked how long will it take? She said that the applications are not backlogged so it should be soon. But after some google, I found out it takes ages which really depressed me.

Hi Sadsoul,
Thanks for your reply and your valuable information regarding the timelime for Anaheim asylum office.

in return I have this information for you:
I had read on some website which had great Contact information for Anaheim Office staff.
I hope the people listed there are still the same,
so here you go:
Los Angeles, CA (ZLA):
Location and Contact Information: Street Address:
1585 South Manchester Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 65015
Anaheim, CA 92802
Main Number: 714 808 8000
Fax Number: 714 635 8707
Admin Fax Number: 714 635 9136
APSO Fax Number: 714 635 5611

Asylum Office Director: George Mihalko, ext. 8205
Asylum Office Deputy Director: David Radel, ext. 8206
Congressional Liaison: Mary Winkler, (714) 808 8203

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily

Rescheduling Requests:
All requests to reschedule must be made by the applicant in writing by either sending a letter to the Asylum Office
or completing a Case Reschedule History at the Asylum Office. Requests made telephonically will not be honored.

All attorney inquiries and reschedule requests
should be sent to Mary Winkler via email at
MARY.L.WINKLER@USCIS.DHS.GOV

or via fax at (714) 808 8155 or (714) 635¬9136.
Written requests should be sent in as early as possible.
If Mary Winkler is out of the office,
you may send interview reschedule requests to Lead Supervisory CIS

Assistant Kristi Cottrell via email at
KRISTI.L.COTTRELL@USCIS.DHS.GOV
or via fax at (714) 635 8707.
For urgent requests,

you may contact the Deputy Director David Radel via email at
DAVID.M.RADEL@USCIS.GOV
or via fax at (714) 635 8707.

Any inquiries about whether the request has been granted or not should be directed to Mary Winkler.
In cases where there has been no reply, contact the Deputy Director or the Director directly.

Filing Documentation:
All supplementary documents are greatly appreciated.
Additional supplementary documents may be sent in duplicate to Mary Winkler's attention prior to the interview.
The documents may also be brought on the day of the interview as well.

Also they didnt gave back the first interview notice. They kep it with themselves.

Another thing sadsoul,
from now on, always make photo copy of any letter that you get from them (at least scan and save it to your computer),
so you had back up copy.
I also want to point out that the time line you had from submitting your application until the day of your interview is only about 5 weeks (a bit more then a month),
that show that they do not have much backlogged...
I mean they could take a long time to issue decision AFTER interview,
but most likely they will not need too much time to reschedule your interview.
another thing I want to point out that, not all the info in the internet are true or can be applied to your case.
Few weeks ago, I asked a lawyer, how long would it take from submitting application up to the day you get called for interview.
That lawyer say that Anaheim office were undergoing many personnel changes and in chaos and would take at least 2 months (or more) before you got interviewed (after you submit your application).
Turn out you are living proof that it is not true...

Now all you need to do is to prepare your self even more for the upcoming interview.
this is a blessing in disguise, because now you had more time to prepare yourself for the interview,
and you had already experience facing the officer for the first time,
unlike many who had not ever face the officer or step into Anaheim office.

Good Luck and please kindly update us on your progress, so we all can learn from your latest experience
at Anaheim office.

Thanks

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I will keep updating you guys about my status. As for some other people who might land here who are in similar situation, I came here in student visa and recently graduated. When I applied, I was in opt.
God bless you guys!

Have patience ! If you don't hear from them for another few weeks then mail them a letter asking for application status, including your contact number. They are swamped with a lot of applications. We have to understand!

Its been almost two weeks and I haven't still heard from them.
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks

I would just email them or Fax them right now,...
from my experience, the harder you push the more they listen to you,
I mean 2 weeks is long time enough for you to wait.
Of course you still had to sent the letter with polite and professional tone.

Few Questions

My interview will be 3rd of February 2013 and would like to ask the following questions:

My child is turning 21 on the 27th of February. If we receive the visa, do you think we have enough time to enter the US before this date?

For the documents: Do i have to take the originals or the certified copies will be fine?

Where do we stay when we go to the US for the 1st time to activate the GC?

Many thanks

Ok, I also just got my CA drivers license. I was thinking to mail the copy of paper version of license (strong proof maybe??)
and a letter requesting for the interview date soon this Monday? Do you think its a good idea to send my license just to make my proof of residence more strong? I heard that San francisco office has Friday as inquiry day before 12 pm. But I have no idea about Anaheim. Could anyone suggest me here?
Thanks

Its been more than a week. I even sent them a letter including my drivers license like 10 days ago.
Any idea what can I do next?

Thanks

A little update from my side. I got the interview letter on Thursday and having a interview on the end of second week of this Month.

A little update from my side. I got the interview letter on Thursday and having a interview on the end of second week of this Month.

Great to hear that, I wish that everything went well during the interview.
Please Remember that Preparation is Always The Key.