Interview Preparation

pachanga

Registered Users (C)
We received an interview letter last week and now have an interview on November 4, 2010. On I-797C (Request For Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview), there are more than a number of items to bring:

1. "Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status"

I am a naturalized US citizen and am a petitioner. Do I need to bring my birth certificate from the country I was born?

2. "Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copes of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

My wife does not have a social security number yet because she has not received an EAD as of today. I attempted to add my wife's name to my utility bills and my bank account, but all of those companies require her SSN.

- Thousands of photos including our wedding photos.

- We also submitted a notarized letter that was written by one of our mutual friends.

- We have airline tickets which we took trips to multiple locations and have airline e-tickets for our future trips to Europe and Asia.

- We also have a correspondence (a junk mail from an insurance company) that both her name and my name are printed out on the address.

Should we need to bring a bank statement or a utility bill? I might buy a life insurance and put my wife's name for the primary beneficiary person.

1. "Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status"

I am a naturalized US citizen and am a petitioner. Do I need to bring my birth certificate from the country I was born?
do bring it just in case. We brought it but were not asked for it.

My wife does not have a social security number yet because she has not received an EAD as of today. I attempted to add my wife's name to my utility bills and my bank account, but all of those companies require her SSN.
I added my mother's name to our bills even before she entered the US. Sometimes the utility company will add it to the address line (mail to), rather than the account as a joint holder.

Should we need to bring a bank statement or a utility bill? I might buy a life insurance and put my wife's name for the primary beneficiary person.
bring everything that proves that you are really a husband and wife.