Interview perparation

maverick17

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an interview at the end of this month.
I am wondering if you guys can help me with what all things me and my wife should prepare, what important things we should care of.

I will appreciate if someone can help me for the above.

Thxs

I have pepared below documents:

common electricity bill
common internet bill
common auto insu
apt lease papers
common cable bill
common life insurance
pictures
joint bank accounts
joint tax return
pictures
letter from employer.
letter from bank
marriage cert
tickets showing traveled together
phone records

please let me know if i need something else.
Any specific questions??

Thxs

I think that is sufficient evidence, maybe some correspondence addressed to the two of you?

And remember:

1) Don't lie
(2) Don't guess...."I don't know" or "I don't remember" are acceptable answers
(3) Don't volunteer any information not asked for
(4) Short and simple answers
(5) Relax

Hi,

Thxs a lot for the reply, I have one more question, we both did court marriage and there was only one witness at that time as my spouse parents didnt agree for the marriage and my parents are not in USA.

So do that make my case weak ??? though we were dating each other from past 4 years and we have pictures, cards, phone records to prove that but just want to ask you guys about this issue.

Thxs

Question for the experts

Gurus,

Would be able to advice, how do I prepare ofr the interview. I have it coming up soon.

I have visited twice on an h1b visa sponsored by a company I am not actively working for to US for about a week each time. I have been working in Europe for another company.

Will they ask me regarding my previous visits to US and on what context and will it create any problems for immigration

Thank yo uin advance

Hi,

Thxs a lot for the reply, I have one more question, we both did court marriage and there was only one witness at that time as my spouse parents didnt agree for the marriage and my parents are not in USA.

So do that make my case weak ??? though we were dating each other from past 4 years and we have pictures, cards, phone records to prove that but just want to ask you guys about this issue.

Thxs

Well, the fact parents were not present does not help the case. But it is not uncommon for redneck/whitetrash/conservative people to frown upon their precious offspring to marry a foreign... so do not worry, it looks to me like you have a good case.

Just bring proof of it and prepare with those questions I sent you. :cool:

The absense of you parents at your wedding is not an issue you need to fret on. You and your spouse need to prove that the marriage is bonafide. You can do that without your parents. :)
Good luck!!!

Hi,

Thxs

It didnt matter for my case. We got married here in NY city hall, we had one of my wife's friends as our witness. At the time, I was a student. Me and my wife didnt really desire a big fancy wedding not only because of financial reasons but also my parents wouldnt be able to attend my wedding. So it was a little awkward. Therefore, we decided to not have a big wedding. We even didnt have any dinner, BBQ, nothing. We told our parents and they were fine with it.
During the interview, wedding was never brought up. we werent asked about pics nor how many people attended etc.
I dont think a wedding ceremony is not the only way to show your marriage is legit. I am sure you have been to different places and have pics. Interviewer looks for a pic where your and your wife's face are clearly visible. as long as you have that you should be fine. well,as they say, each case is unique and your interviewer may ask you different things; if they ask why you didnt have a wedding, be honest and explain why.
good luck
IS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have one more question, do I have to take a new affidavit of sponsor support document.
Though I have sent one with the application packet which I have sent.

Thxs

No. If you submitted one already, no need to bring another one. Unless you have a copy (which you should) of the one you already submitted.