• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview on dec 22nd, but medical not ready. what shld i do?

nuelsaxman

Registered Users (C)
pls i need your help, my interview is slated for dec 22, but my medical is not ready, i was asked to go for smear and culture test for suggestive TB. my wife medical is ok, but my test result will not be ready before 22nd. should i postpone the interview or not. any other relevant advise is welcome

pls i need your help, my interview is slated for dec 22, but my medical is not ready, i was asked to go for smear and culture test for suggestive TB. my wife medical is ok, but my test result will not be ready before 22nd. should i postpone the interview or not. any other relevant advise is welcome

Probably there is some "other" place in your country (or neighborhood country) where you can finish your medical in one day.

Do not postpone. Ancillary matters such as this delayed medical result can be dealt with later but postponing the interview is a really bad move.

True. But still without medical is worst then postpone. Just call US embassy and ask them what to do.

Hi
we had exactly the same problem as you, we knew that our medical reports would not be ready by our interview date. We emailed the US embassy (in our case this was London) and told them this and we asked whether we should reschedule our interview. THey replied saying no just come to the interview and that we would be refused the visas (yes they actually said that!) but that we would have the opportunity to submit any missing paperwork i.e. the medical reports. Well we did have our interviews on the 26th October and indeed we were refused but the letter they gave us also clearly states that as long as we submit the missing documents they would process the application then. So we are not worried. Incidentally the reason the medical reports are not ready is that my husband is being tested for TB too (he had it last year but is now fully recovered), he had to give sputum sample which are now in culture and takes 6 - 8 weeks for the results, we are still waiting for the results. I would advise to contact your US embassy and advise them of the situation and they will advise you accordingly. Good luck.

Thanks all, Our Visa had since been granted on 22nd decemeber, we are to pick it up on 4th january.
Concerning the medical, i and my wife decided to fast and pray for 3 days, after the 3rd day, i went to another approved clinic in Nigeriaand had the test done, when the result came out the abnornal x-ray turned to normal chest x-ray
We actually went for the interview me and my wife having medical report from different hospital.
But at the end of the interview a letter was issued to us stating our visa has been approved with date and location of when and where to pick it up on january 4th.
Well i dont know if you believe in power of fasting and prayer, God just gave us a miracle, you also can trust him if you have any difficulty.
Thank you all.

@Nuelsaxman: Thanks be to almighty God for your successful interview. Please it would be appreciated if your interview experience is shared.