Interview no show?

drdave

Registered Users (C)
I was currently awaiting my interview for citizenship when I was told that I did not show up for the interview so this will dramatically affect my case and that they will notify me of a decision or action taken.

To date I have not received any mail regarding an interview.

Apparently this does not necessarily sound like i am been turned down but I am very anxious to know if maybe someone else had a similar experience and any advice at this point.

I was currently awaiting my interview for citizenship when I was told that I did not show up for the interview ...
You were told that by whom? You went for Infopass?

Did you check the status of your case online? If yes, did you see any indication of an interview?

Fortunately this is not a green card application -- they routinely deny green cards to those who miss the interview. But they're more forgiving of this with naturalization, and you'll get an interview in the future without being denied. However you may have to wait a few months.

You were told that by whom? You went for Infopass?

Did you check the status of your case online? If yes, did you see any indication of an interview?

Fortunately this is not a green card application -- they routinely deny green cards to those who miss the interview. But they're more forgiving of this with naturalization, and you'll get an interview in the future without being denied. However you may have to wait a few months.

It's for Citizenship. I checked my status online. On their website.

The web site didn't show any status of your interview being scheduled?

I was awaiting my interview date is what they said. But then they said I missed it but how could that be if i never actually received the date? Did not see one online or via mail email or anything.

Unless it will be coming in the mail a little later or may have been delayed not sure.

Our records indicate that requested individuals did not appear as requested for an appointment or in-person processing. This will significantly affect this case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made or further action taken.

Again, no letter for an actual interview but they said the statement above. To date I have kept every single appointment.

The next step was the interview.

When I applied for naturalisation, my IL never got to me either. The only reason I found out about it was because I was impatient and, after waiting a couple of months, called every week to ask about it. One day, the guy on the phone told me that my IL had been sent out that day, so when I didn't get it, I called and had them fax it to me.

Our records indicate that requested individuals did not appear as requested for an appointment or in-person processing. This will significantly affect this case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made or further action taken.

Again, no letter for an actual interview but they said the statement above. To date I have kept every single appointment.

The next step was the interview.

Schedule an INFOPASS immediately. If it is difficult or being delayed call USCIS help line. While going for infopass, take a printout of Online status. Otherwise the folks at inquiry counter will put you in spin with some vague reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule an INFOPASS immediately. If it is difficult or being delayed call USCIS help line.

It's not been over 45 days and I did not receive a notice to go to my local office and the rest do not apply so which one will I check?

Services on a case that has already been filed
At Case Status Online
You can check current case processing times to get an idea of how long your case should take.

If your case has a receipt number, you can check the status.
We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following -
Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

It's a catch 22 it seems because of the above post and also because I am supposed to contact the service center which I did but was told to go to my nearest office. How can I go in if I do not have an appointment? It's the only way they will accept you. But how can I make an appointment when none of the above in my previous post applies to me?

I am puzzled over this.