Interview Letter Received – NSC/Chicago with April 2007 Priority Date

Hello,

How long does it take usually after case status dissapared to receive Interview letter notice? Did somebody now?

Thanks

Today I received the Interview letter.

Updated my timeline,

5/18/2007 - Mailed to NSC
5/21/2007 - Priority/Received Date
5/25/2007 - Receipt Notice
6/1/2007 - Fingerprint Notice
6/26/2007 - Fingerprint Appointment
9/26/2007 - Case Status Retrieval Failed - Dissapared online
9/29/2007 - Interview Letter Notice Received

I got my interview letter today. Interview date November 7.

Sashko, when is your interview?
Hello npnjan02,

Here is my updated timeline,

11/8/2007 - Interview date

By the way , is your N-400 is based on marriage (3years or immigrant 5 years)?

Thanks

Hello npnjan02,

Here is my updated timeline,

11/8/2007 - Interview date

By the way , is your N-400 is based on marriage (3years or immigrant 5 years)?

Thanks

3 years marriage based. Good luck on your interview! I'll try to post my interview experience as soon as I get a chance.

Please share your interview experience once when you are done with that...

Thanks to all,

NSC
RD:05/16/07
PD:05/16/07
FP: 06/26/07
IL Notice Date: 09/25/07
Interview Date: 11/07/07

Green Card: Through Employement

Interview Letter recived

Receipt Dat: May 25, 2007
Finger Print: Some time in late June
Interview Letter rcvd. Notice date 9/28/07 and interview date Nov 15

Citizenship based on GC - over 9 yrs.

Any body know what kind of uestions they are asking nowadays. Heard they are experimenting with new questions.

Chicago DO timeline

PD - May 1st' 07
FP - June 2nd ' 07
ID - Oct 17th' 07
hello ssrr,

Once when you are done with your interview can you please share your experience. Did you file based on marriage or 5 yrs immigrant?

Thanks and Good Luck on your interview

inteview experience - case approved :)

I had my interview at the chicago DO on the 29th of Oct. It was a 50 min long interview. Besides the english and civics questions which were all out of the booklet provided at the time of fingerprints, i had to provide explanations and supporting documents for the 3 trips that i had taken during the last 5 yrs. The time period for these trips was more than 6 months but less than a year. Altough the total no of days outside the US were less than the 913 days required for fulfilling the physical presence requirement, the officer was still unsure about approving the case. She asked about the supporting documents to show the reason for the long stays and also asked me to fill out a questionaire. The questionaire asked about my assets here in the US and abroad, my addresses before leaving and after coming back, the reason for these trips and my employment status at that time and whether or not my employer was informed. I answered all the questions honestly. Finally the officer told me that she was unable to decide at that time and will review the docs later and i will be notified of the decision after 2-3 wks. I was very disppointed but then after a while she said that she will let me know of the decision at the end of the day on my cell phone. After only an hour she called me on my cell phone to tell me that she has approved my case. I think i was lucky to have such a nice lady as my IO.

Updated timeline:
N400 - NSC Chicago DO
PD: April 10th 2007
FP: May 16th
IL: Sep 13th
Interview: Oct 29th (Case approved)
Oath : Waiting

I had my interview at the chicago DO on the 29th of Oct. It was a 50 min long interview. Besides the english and civics questions which were all out of the booklet provided at the time of fingerprints, i had to provide explanations and supporting documents for the 3 trips that i had taken during the last 5 yrs. The time period for these trips was more than 6 months but less than a year. Altough the total no of days outside the US were less than the 913 days required for fulfilling the physical presence requirement, the officer was still unsure about approving the case. She asked about the supporting documents to show the reason for the long stays and also asked me to fill out a questionaire. The questionaire asked about my assets here in the US and abroad, my addresses before leaving and after coming back, the reason for these trips and my employment status at that time and whether or not my employer was informed. I answered all the questions honestly. Finally the officer told me that she was unable to decide at that time and will review the docs later and i will be notified of the decision after 2-3 wks. I was very disppointed but then after a while she said that she will let me know of the decision at the end of the day on my cell phone. After only an hour she called me on my cell phone to tell me that she has approved my case. I think i was lucky to have such a nice lady as my IO.

Updated timeline:
N400 - NSC Chicago DO
PD: April 10th 2007
FP: May 16th
IL: Sep 13th
Interview: Oct 29th (Case approved)
Oath : Waiting
Interesting story, I had a few trips out of US but there were less then 6 months. So I am assuming that I don't have to give explanation or any documentation since my trips were less then 6 months. When is your oath ? Did she told you?

I dont think that trips that last 6 months or under need any explanation but again it depends on the IO.
She told me that i will be getting the letter for oath in 30-60 days but my sister and friend got theirs in 2 wks so i am hoping that i will get it in 2-3 wks.

Hi npnjan02,

Can you please don't forget if you want to share your interview experience once you are done with that...Thanks and Good Luck !

Hi Sashko,
My interview is in the morning so I’ll try to post the experience here the same day. Good Luck to you too!

Am I the last May filer left ?

Hi All,
My PD is in May and I am still awaiting the IL. The online status still shows pending. I am under the NSC chicago office.
Any other people waiting for IL who filed in May with employment based GC ? :mad:

Regards