Interview Letter QUestion

sramasub

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I applied together (priority date 04/08/09) and did the FP on the same date. I received my Interview letter on 5/23 for an interview on 7/1 in Mt.Laurel, NJ. My wife haven't receied the letter yet (a/o 6/11).

Anyone on the same situation? Any thoughts /idea to follow-up?

I looked up status online. My status "Need additional information" and my wife status "Application received on 4/8..."

Is there any way to find out if the letter was mailed (lost in mail:mad:)?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I did speak to the customer service rep but read the same status available online...

Thanks for the quick response. I did speak to the customer service rep but read the same status available online...

sramasub, I think that bobsmyth was referring to a 2nd level IO. The first person that answers the call is basically, with all due respect, a person that is trained to read from prepared general statements only. They have no real useful information on your case. You need to somehow convince the first person that answers the call that you have exceptional circumstances. If you tell them that your PD is in april, and you are wondering why you haven't rx'd your interview letter, then they are simply going to read page 11563 of the USCIS'r'US training manual that states you need to wait another 90-120 days before they will transfer you to someone that has any clue might be going on.

This is the benefit of scheduling an INFOPASS in-person appointment. The INFOPASS is generally staffed by IOs that have the appropriate access to information to possibly give you additional insight into your case.

Note that only your wife can get the info from the officer. Even if you have all the paperwork, for privacy reasons there is a high likelihood that they will only deal with her questions directly. ...and the status info online is generally useless and outdated, so don't get hung up on the online text.

Hope your letter arrives soon. Don't drive yourself crazy calling the 1-800 number, you might just want to give it another couple weeks since her interview is unlikely to be before 7/1 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sri69

Thank you Sri!

I will have my wife schedule a infopass appointment.

Anyone in similar situation?

To get to an IO over the phone, call USCIS 1-800 number choose options 1-2-3, tell the customer rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received receipt notice yet. Don't tell rep anything else. The rep will transfer your call to an IO. Alternatively, you can also schedule an Infopass and talk to an IO in person.

Same situation. Check my timeline in the signature. I was afraid that my IL was lost in mail because one of my kids picked up the mail the day my hubby got his IL. So made an Infopass appointment and had them check if an IL was sent out for me. Apparently, my name check had just cleared and the officer was able to confirm that my IL had not gone out yet. She said that I should be getting my IL in a few weeks and I did.

same situation

My wife and I applied together (priority date 04/08/09) and did the FP on the same date. I received my Interview letter on 5/23 for an interview on 7/1 in Mt.Laurel, NJ. My wife haven't receied the letter yet (a/o 6/11).

Anyone on the same situation? Any thoughts /idea to follow-up?

I looked up status online. My status "Need additional information" and my wife status "Application received on 4/8..."

Is there any way to find out if the letter was mailed (lost in mail:mad:)?

Thanks

6/12/09 Same situation for me:mad: too sramasub. See my signature.No status online changes for both of us.I already made an INFOPASS appointment for the 16th. I will post for details. Please let me know about INFOPASS as you mention on the later post.