interview letter , at last!(after 17 months)

bloki

my priority date is october 2006

last week I did 2nd finger prints , and finally yesterday , received interview letter after 17 months wait, i was seriously considering to file lawsuit, hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel

last week i called USCIS, and IO told me that it was probable that i would be receiving interview letter in the next 30 days, never answered directly my question about name check status,thought

did it make a difference contacting customer service ?, I doubt it :eek:, anyway folks for those who are trapped in name check nightmare , keep calling and writting letters

Congrats on the Interview Letter and Good Luck on you ID..... You are almost Finished.....

Congrats Blok1 :D
it seems they are taking it seriously and are definitely doing something about this name/background check issue:)

Good luck, but....

last week I did 2nd finger prints , and finally yesterday , received interview letter after 17 months wait, i was seriously considering to file lawsuit, hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel

last week i called USCIS, and IO told me that it was probable that i would be receiving interview letter in the next 30 days, never answered directly my question about name check status,thought

did it make a difference contacting customer service ?, I doubt it :eek:, anyway folks for those who are trapped in name check nightmare , keep calling and writting letters

bloki,

Good luck with your interview. Usually 2nd FP is a good sign and you also have your IL now. Not trying to discourage you here but be prepared for everything. I went thru 2 sets of FP and 3 interview letters. After 2nd FP, I received my IL, but my file was not there at the DO so they didn't interview me & I was sent home. I then had to file law suit WOM which finally resolved my case.

hehehehehehe my arms are feeble by now man :) due to too much of wrist work. I hope to get my IL soon. Thnks brother.

Congratulations Bloki

Bloki
Congratulations. Thats a great news. Hope everything goes well.

Could you elaborate on when you got the second FP and how long after recieving it you had your FP. Did you go for 2nd FP a little earlier than the date mentioned on the FP letter or you went as scheduled.

Thanks