• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview in London Oct 28

Does any one know if the consular officer might raise a point out of my sponsor being in one state and me having said we will locate in another state?

It is really frustrating that instead of focusing on the actual evidence/facts we have to spend more time trying to figure out what the officer might think!

Thanks

Does any one know if the consular officer might raise a point out of my sponsor being in one state and me having said we will locate in another state?

It is really frustrating that instead of focusing on the actual evidence/facts we have to spend more time trying to figure out what the officer might think!

Thanks

Hello CymruArgie,

I don't think it will be a problem. If your sponsor is your future employer, and it is stated somewhere in the application, then the officer may ask you why.

Good luck

We received some affidavits of support this past week but only after struggling three days with the courier the Embassy uses (DX which seems one of the worst!) we were able to send one to the Embassy. It was picked yesterday morning (Nov 11) and they said it would go to Embassy yesterday night.

So now we are waiting. We had three affidavits but sent only one after the woman at the Embassy help line snorted out like "what? Why would you want to send more than one" so after that comment we sent only one.

The courier seems to be the closest to a nightmare thing. We called and they said they would call back in minute to confirm and they did not, they called after almost two hours when my wife was driving and could not get the call. So she called again and was told that it was now too late and had to call again , but then because we had called they said they would call in the morning but the piece will not be picked until the next day and so on and so forth, it took three days for the courier to come collect the passports and papers.

They have a tracking system that is the most useless piece of brick. You can track delivery only after 9 AM on the day of delivery so before that no way to track anything. What is the use of tracking a pack on the day that is delilvered? It could be that it can be tracked after we have received it, so it would be good to know that the pack that we have just received has actaully been delivered to me, pardon my sarcasm. One would expect that after paying 39 pounds one would get a better service. They also say in the website that we have to allow 4 working days! That could be a whole week if there is a weekend in between before the item gets to the Embassy. So much for expedience.

Will update when we get passports back. We hope and pray they will come back with visa approved.

Bless
JC

We received some affidavits of support this past week but only after struggling three days with the courier the Embassy uses (DX which seems one of the worst!) we were able to send one to the Embassy. It was picked yesterday morning (Nov 11) and they said it would go to Embassy yesterday night.
JC

Good luck JC. I hope that you get your visas approved soon. Keep us posted!

Well, DX confirmed that affidavit was delivered to Embassy on Friday (Took five days between calling them and the day they delilvered! and all that for only 39 quid!).

However no news as of yet. It might be too soon, but my anxiety grows by the hour!

Just sharing my emotions today as I have nothing else to share!

JC

Well, DX confirmed that affidavit was delivered to Embassy on Friday (Took five days between calling them and the day they delilvered! and all that for only 39 quid!).

However no news as of yet. It might be too soon, but my anxiety grows by the hour!

JC

Don't worry too much, my friend. God is ever ALIVE and HE will see you through. Keep on praying and believing. Ciao

JC

Hello JC,

Any news with the Embassy and your application?

Good luck!

Well boys, (and gals) this morning we received the brown plastic envelope containing the brown sealed envelopes and our passports. Visa approved! Yaaaaaayyyyy! We made it! God is stil on the throne and we praise and thank Him. We plan to be in the US soon, actually we have to be there sonner than February 12 cuz our daughter turns 21 then.

Finally what counted most for the consular officer was the affidavit of support. In actuality I-134 is not about support but about making sure one does not be tempted to get benefits like food stamps or such.

Anyway, this is it now!

Bless you all!
JC

Well boys, (and gals) this morning we received the brown plastic envelope containing the brown sealed envelopes and our passports. Visa approved! Yaaaaaayyyyy! We made it! God is stil on the throne and we praise and thank Him. We plan to be in the US soon, actually we have to be there sonner than February 12 cuz our daughter turns 21 then.

Finally what counted most for the consular officer was the affidavit of support. In actuality I-134 is not about support but about making sure one does not be tempted to get benefits like food stamps or such.

Anyway, this is it now!

Bless you all!
JC

Congrats CymruArgie and family.

Anyway, this is it now!

Bless you all!
JC

Great news CymruArgie! Congratulations and good luck in the USA.

Anyway, this is it now!

Bless you all!
JC
God has finally seen you through. Congratulations, I share in your joy.

Congrats CymruArgie, your success has great influence on my application since that is the same place I will have my interview.

My question is, if I can prove of a deposit of about £25,000 in my bank account, do I still need the affidavit of support?

Congrats CymruArgie, your success has great influence on my application since that is the same place I will have my interview.

My question is, if I can prove of a deposit of about £25,000 in my bank account, do I still need the affidavit of support?

Depends when and where the amount came from....It isn't allowed to be a loan and if you just put it in your account recently they will look at it different than if you can proof where the money came from and if you can show them you had it for a long time...

Depends when and where the amount came from....It isn't allowed to be a loan and if you just put it in your account recently they will look at it different than if you can proof where the money came from and if you can show them you had it for a long time...

Do you think having a property that worth about $300,000 and having £12,000 in the bank account for 4 months before interview is good enough?

Do you think having a property that worth about $300,000 and having £12,000 in the bank account for 4 months before interview is good enough?

Depends on how much you really own of the home...if you have a $ 300K home and have a zero down mortgage and didn't pay anything off...than the house is worth nothing towards assetts...

The 12,000 should be enough but also depending on how many people have applied with you....but normally having a $ 300K home and 12 K in assetts should be fine.

Lately we have a lot of people who bought a home that was ones worth $ 300K and now $ 200K and some people only have debt and a lien on their home...that is why I mentioned it depends what it is worth as of today and how much mortgage is on it and is there any lien on the home...

Depends on how much you really own of the home...if you have a $ 300K home and have a zero down mortgage and didn't pay anything off...than the house is worth nothing towards assetts...

The 12,000 should be enough but also depending on how many people have applied with you....but normally having a $ 300K home and 12 K in assetts should be fine.

Lately we have a lot of people who bought a home that was ones worth $ 300K and now $ 200K and some people only have debt and a lien on their home...that is why I mentioned it depends what it is worth as of today and how much mortgage is on it and is there any lien on the home...

If somebody has a sponsor It is necessary $6K/person in assets? I mean, Is it necessary to have $6K/person and a sponsor.

I do not have any mortgage on it (it is %100 mine) and it used to worth $360K but now it worth about $300K. £12,000 for 3 people. Do I still need a U.S LPR to sponsor me?

Many thanks.

Don't confuse Assets with Net Worth. Your properties are your assets, the difference between assets and debts (liabilities) is your net worth.

They ask for your assets not for your net worth.