Interview for 485 EB3 application

kulkarni_ash

Registered Users (C)
I got mail from my Lawyer that i have an interview for 485 at end of October in Hartford service center,
This is employment based application and none of my friends had to go for an interview,
So why would i be asked for interview,
What do i need to prepare for this interview,
I have never been out of status, worked for same company 8.5 years, then recently changed job and filed AC21, the job responsibilities are same, but the pay is different then on labor, but the labor is from Nov 2001, and i could not be working on the same pay as on Labor.
Has anyone being interviewed for Employment based application, do i need to worry about some thing, is this good or bad.
Has anyone has experience about hartford service center.
Any input will be helpful,

I got mail from my Lawyer that i have an interview for 485 at end of October in Hartford service center,
This is employment based application and none of my friends had to go for an interview,

---------------- Many got Interview notice for employment based application. USCIS sends the file to Local office . USCIS has its own criteria to transfer files to local USCIS office.
What do i need to prepare for this interview,
------Take your Passport, DL, Interview notice, Birth certificate, Latest H1 approval, EAD or AP, Tax papers for last 3 years. if invoked AC21 then take the latest job offer letter with same/similar job duties from Latest employer with recent date on it.I have never been out of status, worked for same company 8.5 years, then recently changed job and filed AC21, the job responsibilities are same, but the pay is different then on labor, but the labor is from Nov 2001, and i could not be working on the same pay as on Labor.
Has anyone being interviewed for Employment based application, do i need to worry about some thing, is this good or bad.
--------nothing bad, one of my friend had Interview with local USCIS office in MD and was in similar situation. officer just verified the information like name, DOB, Address on form I-485 and asked for latest AC21 letter with same/similar job duties(no question about salary)
Has anyone has experience about hartford service center.
Any input will be helpful,

Interview at local USCIS office can be after about 2 months from the date of File transfer to local office and local office will send your Interview date notice 20-30 days advance and they will attach list what to bring at the time of interview

Although most employment-based I-485 applications don't involve an interview, they choose a small percentage for interviews randomly, and some others are chosen because of a potential issue they see with the application.

If you know your case is legitimate, don't worry. Just make sure you bring the relevant evidence to support your case, like a job letter showing the salary and job description. Don't worry about your salary being higher than what is on the labor certification; that is perfectly acceptable even for AC21. With AC21 salary difference is only an issue if the difference is so massive that it indicates the job might not be "same or similar", like somebody moving from $40K to $150K or vice versa.

The good news is that if your priority date is current, you probably will have your green card within a month or two after the interview.

I have a question about these requirement in the list of documents to bring

• A copy of the last 3 years' federal income tax returns filed by your financial sponsor on Form 1-864 Affidavit of Support, as well as a current employment letter from his/her employer stating rate of pay, duties, hours per week and length of employment and last 4 pay stubs.
Does this apply for employment based application?

• A copy of your employer's last 3 federal income tax returns, IF your current employer is not the original petitioner
I changed job in December and filled for AC21, so my current employer is different from previous employer, so i guess i need this record, but my current employer is a private company so i need to see if this information is available, In my company there are about 5 H1B employees, so i guess the company knows this information is asked my USCIS, Does company have to give this information when filling for H1B

• A copy of the last 3 years' federal income tax returns filed by your financial sponsor on Form 1-864 Affidavit of Support, as well as a current employment letter from his/her employer stating rate of pay, duties, hours per week and length of employment and last 4 pay stubs.

----------------You don't need that. you can take your Tax filing papers or you can take Tax Transcripts for 3 years from IRS(you can call IRS and they will send Free)
-------------------NO

• A copy of your employer's last 3 federal income tax returns, IF your current employer is not the original petitioner

-----------------------They can ask this if they want see the Ability to Pay from New/Latest employer. Wait for the Interview letter and note what they ask you to bring.

----------

I copied these words from the letter i got

A copy of your employer's last 3 federal income tax returns, IF your current employer is not the original petitioner

Since my current employer whom i joined in december is not the original petitioner, i filed for AC21 after i joined this company, i assume i need this

------------------If they have asked you for the documents then get the documents asked in letter and take at the time of Interview.
A copy of your employer's last 3 federal income tax returns, IF your current employer is not the original petitioner
---------- May be they want to check the employer ability to Pay.
Since my current employer whom i joined in december is not the original petitioner, i filed for AC21 after i joined this company, i assume i need this
Take what is asked.

They just want to check your new employer's ability to pay. You will need to ask your new employer to provide the necessary documentation to complete your 485.

Hi,
can you please let me know if they also request you to bring Birth Certificate? We recently lost the birth certificate of my wife who is dependent on my GC. We are trying to get the duplicate, but not happened yet. My PD is current now (EB3->EB2 ported) and i am worried that if i get called for an interview, there might be an issue. I have also asked to get affidavits from my wife's parents, just in case.

I changed job in December and filled for AC21, so my current employer is different from previous employer, so i guess i need this record, but my current employer is a private company so i need to see if this information is available, In my company there are about 5 H1B employees, so i guess the company knows this information is asked my USCIS, Does company have to give this information when filling for H1B

Hi,
can you please let me know if they also request you to bring Birth Certificate?
---- if you sent Copy of Her BC when sent her I-485 then they have Copy of her BC in her I-485 file.
We recently lost the birth certificate of my wife who is dependent on my GC. We are trying to get the duplicate, but not happened yet.
--------------You can get duplicate BC if you have Copy of her BC
My PD is current now (EB3->EB2 ported) and i am worried that if i get called for an interview, there might be an issue. I have also asked to get affidavits from my wife's parents, just in case.
--------- not ALL the I-485 are sent to Local USCIS office for Interview.

how did your interview go?

The interview went well, did not ask for company financial information, just 3 months pay stub and company letter about employment.