• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview Experiences

Digitalspree

Registered Users (C)
On may 7th i had my Interview.It did not go so well and i do not understand why.I am an F1 student, i have never worked outside campus or on campus, i had no criminal record. The interviewer asked me bunch of yes or no questions and only looked at my current passport and i 94, nothing else. In the end she said she does not see any problems however i will hear from uscis in 30-60 days of my acceptance or denial.

i am so terribly dissapointed, i feel like this whole dv is a joke or something. i had done everything by the book yet i am having problems while others do many illegal things and they get a green card...

the interview was in denver, co.

if any of you have any suggestions, recommendations, thoughts , anything please post here....i would like to see if anyone had a similar experience.

has my gc been denied or what is going on? according to everything it should have not gone down like this

Hi Digitalspree,

It does not look like you had a bad interview. If there was any short coming or problems in your side then you should have been asked about that.

Every interviewer approaches this process differently.

You might hear soon, keep checking your online status.

On may 7th i had my Interview.It did not go so well and i do not understand why.I am an F1 student, i have never worked outside campus or on campus, i had no criminal record. The interviewer asked me bunch of yes or no questions and only looked at my current passport and i 94, nothing else. In the end she said she does not see any problems however i will hear from uscis in 30-60 days of my acceptance or denial.

i am so terribly dissapointed, i feel like this whole dv is a joke or something. i had done everything by the book yet i am having problems while others do many illegal things and they get a green card...

if any of you have any suggestions, recommendations, thoughts , anything please post here....i would like to see if anyone had a similar experience.

has my gc been denied or what is going on? according to everything it should have not gone down like this

Thank you for replying and your encouraging words. Its just that no one had to wait 60 days before they got an answer frm what i read on these forums.

From the sounds of it, you didn't have a particularly bad interview. If the interviewer said she didn't see any problems, then that's a good thing. I'm not too familiar with the Adjustment of Status process, was your passport taken or returned to you after the interview, and what did you expect to occur? Is USCIS supposed to contact you in 30 - 60 days, or are you supposed to contact them? What nationality are you?

Thank you for replying first of all.

I think the problem is that she asked me where i was born, and on the birth certificate says bucharest romania, however i told her "otopeni" which is an airport in bucharest and this is not listed in my birth certificate so i guess is i screwed up. i told her otopeni because that is what i thought it was.

She returned my pssport and everything...but at the beginning it sounded like she was intending to keep my 1-94, but in the end she changed her mind...

Since i made a mistake of telling her i wa sborn in otopeni ( she wrote this down) will this mean a denial?

she said USCIS will contact me by mail of a decision.

I expected an answer right there....definetely not that i have to wait 30-60 days to hear anything. My F1 status is suppossed to expire in may or august so....another problem

larkish the

i was confusied by the question: which city where you born? i was thinking which city was the hospital i was born in...legally the birthcertificate was issued in bucharest but technically i was born in otopeni which is 10 miles from bucharest so that is why i answered that.

Thank you for replying first of all.

I think the problem is that she asked me where i was born, and on the birth certificate says bucharest romania, however i told her "otopeni" which is an airport in bucharest and this is not listed in my birth certificate so i guess is i screwed up. i told her otopeni because that is what i thought it was.

She returned my pssport and everything...but at the beginning it sounded like she was intending to keep my 1-94, but in the end she changed her mind...

Since i made a mistake of telling her i wa sborn in otopeni ( she wrote this down) will this mean a denial?

she said USCIS will contact me by mail of a decision.

I expected an answer right there....definetely not that i have to wait 30-60 days to hear anything. My F1 status is suppossed to expire in may or august so....another problem

Don't worry about the time frame the officer gave u, I remember when i landed in the US at the port of entry the officer told me it will take between 3-6 months before i get my Green Card but it only took a month and i got it. If they find no problem with your paper work they will approve your case. Dont worry. All the best

233 amelgi

Thanks,thanks

If for any silly reason i get denied is there any appeal or resubmitting or anything or will that be the end?

Good News ( for me) everyone!

Looks like my case has gone from initial review to card production!!

I would liek to take a moment and thank this forum...

Thank you, k moment over...

Good luck to all of you out there and remember fight hard and dont lose hope!

Good News ( for me) everyone!

Looks like my case has gone from initial review to card production!!

I would liek to take a moment and thank this forum...

Thank you, k moment over...

Good luck to all of you out there and remember fight hard and dont lose hope!

congratulations!

Today it has changed from card production ordered to Decision. Any idea why anyone? Is this normal? Is the welcome letter same as deny/approve?

Today it has changed from card production ordered to Decision. Any idea why anyone? Is this normal? Is the welcome letter same as deny/approve?

Yes, do not worry this has happened to a lot of people. You should get your welcome letter and card soon, congrats!

hi,

After your interview , the agent probably asked for an FBI a background ckeck to verify the information you provided, and it takes several weeks. Finally it came clean and the decision was made to produce the green card. you are good ....CONGRATULATION.......