• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview Experiences as I can't find the post with question asked at Interview.

Bujar

Registered Users (C)
Hi to everyone, my interview is by the end of this Month, so I want to ask you guys out there for your experiences at Interview and question asked, maybe for some of you is a stupid question but I just get stressed when I think about the Interview. Thanks in advance.

Hi to everyone, my interview is by the end of this Month, so I want to ask you guys out there for your experiences at Interview and question asked, maybe for some of you is a stupid question but I just get stressed when I think about the Interview. Thanks in advance.

Relax, the questions are very simple about your case, there are no questions designed to catch you out. The interviews are very short normally - some over in a minute or two.

Thats so close, please share your interview experience with us.

Hi to everyone, i had my Interview on 18 of March, I arrived at the Embassy half an hour before, the officer first called my name as we were more than 10 people waiting. After the security check, a Consular Officer helped me with the documents and said to me I had to wait, then They called my name three other times, first to give them the documents, then to pay the fee and for finger prints. After about an hour they called for the interview, it took about 15 minutes, the Consular Officer asked so many questions, she asked about why I am going in America, what I ted to do there, what do i do here in my country, she also asked about my close family, what do they do and other questions (she also asked a lot of questions about my sponsor-my brother). By the end of the interview she said that everything looks fine but I have to show them "the Original High School Diploma and original Certificate for the finished High School years" to process my case. I am a student at University (working on Diploma Thesis- I'll graduate by the end of this semester) and I took form the University the certificate of student also I had with me the index - student's book, also i had the copies of High School Diploma and Certificates for the finished High School years and I said to Consular Officer that my original Diploma and other stuff is at the University and while I am a student at a State University that means I had finished High School, then she called another man and they had a discussion, then she said to me that its a must that i have to show them the original High School Diploma. That same day I went to the University and got the Original documents they asked for, and scheduled a new appointment. So next week I will send them the original High School Diploma and Certificates for the finished High School years and I hope everything will go fine this time. This is my experience and it didn't went as simple as Simon said to me a week ago haha. I'll write again and inform you for my case.

Hi to everyone, i had my Interview on 18 of March, I arrived at the Embassy half an hour before, the officer first called my name as we were more than 10 people waiting. After the security check, a Consular Officer helped me with the documents and said to me I had to wait, then They called my name three other times, first to give them the documents, then to pay the fee and for finger prints. After about an hour they called for the interview, it took about 15 minutes, the Consular Officer asked so many questions, she asked about why I am going in America, what I ted to do there, what do i do here in my country, she also asked about my close family, what do they do and other questions (she also asked a lot of questions about my sponsor-my brother). By the end of the interview she said that everything looks fine but I have to show them "the Original High School Diploma and original Certificate for the finished High School years" to process my case. I am a student at University (working on Diploma Thesis- I'll graduate by the end of this semester) and I took form the University the certificate of student also I had with me the index - student's book, also i had the copies of High School Diploma and Certificates for the finished High School years and I said to Consular Officer that my original Diploma and other stuff is at the University and while I am a student at a State University that means I had finished High School, then she called another man and they had a discussion, then she said to me that its a must that i have to show them the original High School Diploma. That same day I went to the University and got the Original documents they asked for, and scheduled a new appointment. So next week I will send them the original High School Diploma and Certificates for the finished High School years and I hope everything will go fine this time. This is my experience and it didn't went as simple as Simon said to me a week ago haha. I'll write again and inform you for my case.

Thanks a lot for sharing Bujar, I am from your region also, so this will help me a lot. I need an information regarding the translation of the documents, since you are from kosovo and documents from there are in three languages, did you needed to do some additional translation or no?

Sorry it didn't go as simply as others! I wonder why she went into so much detail - perhaps it is your relatively young age? Having the High school documents is an important thing. They don't really care whether your current schooling is at a higher level - they require the proof of the high school education.

Anyway, it sounds like you will be all set in a few days - congratulations!

It was a surprise also for me because as I am a student at University it means I finished High School, but I its a must to show proof that I finished High School, in my case the original ones. I let you know for my case.

It was a surprise also for me because as I am a student at University it means I finished High School, but I its a must to show proof that I finished High School, in my case the original ones. I let you know for my case.

Being a university student is not an absolute prove that one finished high school or has a school school diploma. It's possible to get a college admission with a vocational school certificate. Not that it should matter much though if one is already in college or has graduated from college for that matter, but the rules need to be adhered to, hence the insistence on seeing the high school diploma itself.

In some countries if you only finished high school within Less than 12 years
It wont qualify you for DV !

Bujar, I think in this particular case they couldn't accept your university papers as a proof of your education since you have not
completed your course as yet. As they simply follow a procedure (They always do) they needed to see your high school diploma from
preceding educational institution. That was your problem in my opinion, I remember reading a post on this forum where
someone presented a transcript from the university (completed degree) and they accepted that. "Acceptance Milage" may vary from one
case worker to another probably.

Bujar, I think in this particular case they couldn't accept your university papers as a proof of your education since you have not
completed your course as yet. As they simply follow a procedure (They always do) they needed to see your high school diploma from
preceding educational institution. That was your problem in my opinion, I remember reading a post on this forum where
someone presented a transcript from the university (completed degree) and they accepted that. "Acceptance Milage" may vary from one
case worker to another probably.

Definitely does, even in the same consulate. Our CO asked me for proof of my highest qualification, other university graduates at same consulate report having to show their school leaving certificate only, but they had to show that.

Guys thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Sm1smom probably if I don't have the University Diploma I must show them another Diploma in my case original High School Diploma so they will prove I have finished 12 years of education.

vladek15425 yes thats true, fortunately I have 9 years of Primary School and 3 others of High School.

NewBetterBonio yes probably this is it, because the OC asked when I'm gonna graduate I said by the end of the semester as I am working on my diploma thesis but they couldn't believe that, they wanted proof.

Guys thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Sm1smom probably if I don't have the University Diploma I must show them another Diploma in my case original High School Diploma so they will prove I have finished 12 years of education.

vladek15425 yes thats true, fortunately I have 9 years of Primary School and 3 others of High School.

NewBetterBonio yes probably this is it, because the OC asked when I'm gonna graduate I said by the end of the semester as I am working on my diploma thesis but they couldn't believe that, they wanted proof.

Note that the requirement is 12 years of education equivalent to a US high school diploma, not just any 12 years in total. At face value I would think 9 years of primary school and 3 years of high school does not meet this. Have you checked the specific requirements for your country to ensure you meet the minimum?

Note that the requirement is 12 years of education equivalent to a US high school diploma, not just any 12 years in total. At face value I would think 9 years of primary school and 3 years of high school does not meet this. Have you checked the specific requirements for your country to ensure you meet the minimum?

As I've found some info on the net I think everything is all right with that even though I'm not 100% sure :(

I have another question, do I have to pay again as I schedules a new appointment??? I hope not :(

As I've found some info on the net I think everything is all right with that even though I'm not 100% sure :(

I have another question, do I have to pay again as I schedules a new appointment??? I hope not :(

You have to pay $330 USD just once, per person. Please note that you have to pay 330 USD per person before the interview starts... It's also non-refundable if you are unsuccesfull (you will pass the interview - don't worry)... I recommend exchanging your local currency/money to USD and bring it in cash. Less hassle when you have cash in your wallet instead of making an ATM payment (you may be a bit worried, you may forget the PIN etcetc... plus, you get better exchange - card companies my charge you extra 2-4% )..... Good luck!

I am happy to inform you all that I've got the Visa today. It was a long journey but with your unconditional help and answers it was more easy. I thank you all for the support and wish all of you success.

High school diploma

Hi, guys. I have a question to ask you about my high school diploma. I have an original document issued in Russia many years ago. We finished school in 10 years. Should I show the original diploma (translated, of course)or I will have to apply for evaluation. As I am living in Canada, the interview will take a place in Montreal. I have some doubts that US immigration officers there know how the old Russian diplomas look like. I have a University Degree also and have an original diploma to show. Also I am working in Canada and have a good job.

Hi, guys. I have a question to ask you about my high school diploma. I have an original document issued in Russia many years ago. We finished school in 10 years. Should I show the original diploma (translated, of course)or I will have to apply for evaluation. As I am living in Canada, the interview will take a place in Montreal. I have some doubts that US immigration officers there know how the old Russian diplomas look like. I have a University Degree also and have an original diploma to show. Also I am working in Canada and have a good job.

If you have university degree you don't need the high school diploma. Having university degree means you have finished high school.

I am happy to inform you all that I've got the Visa today. It was a long journey but with your unconditional help and answers it was more easy. I thank you all for the support and wish all of you success.

Congratulations. :)
Are you from Albania? Because your name says you are Albanian. :)

If you have university degree you don't need the high school diploma. Having university degree means you have finished high school.

That is not correct information. It is possible to enrol on a University degree course without having the US High school equivalent they expect. In fact you can also obtain a masters degree without high school education and even without a bachelors. So - some COs are picky about that and require the proof of US high school equivalent even though the applicant is showing completed higher level degrees.

For the OP, you should give more detail here about the 10 year education because just the fact that it was completed in 10 years could suggest it is at a lower level. If you later sat a qualifying test such as a GED to enrol in the University degree course then that level of education would NOT be at the right level to qualify. So Anuta, to properly weigh your options describe your education more fully here and also it might be wise to describe roughly your work and how long you have done that (as you may be qualified that way).