Interview experience - Boston, MA

TheWickerMan

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

Interview was at 2.30pm, arrived by 2.15 and submitted the interview letter to the lady behind the counter and was asked to have a seat

I was then called in a bit after 2.40 for the civic and english part of the interview

The questions were:

1. How many years do we elect the senators
2. How many chief justices are in supreme court
3. What does the cabinet do
4. Name one branch of the govt
5. What did the declatration of independence do?
6. Who did the US get independence from?

Got all of them right, and then was asked to read "When is Columbus day" and asked to write "Columbus day is in October"

Passed this part, and was to have a seat for the N-400 interview. Was called in, was asked to take the oath, officer went thru N-400 questions, marked them off. I was asked for the court dispositions of all traffic citations. Luckily for me, I spent the last month hunting them down and getting them.

I notice that the office took lots and lots of notes, esp around citations (i have two of them in total..just regular speeding tickets) and trips outside the US.

I was then informed that I was recommended for approval. They gave me a green letter stating oath is going to be on March 18, 2010! Three months away!! Seemed a bit far when I notice other DO's it was happening in 1 month!

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, pleasant staff.

Good luck all!

Hello all

Interview was at 2.30pm, arrived by 2.15 and submitted the interview letter to the lady behind the counter and was asked to have a seat

I was then called in a bit after 2.40 for the civic and english part of the interview

The questions were:

1. How many years do we elect the senators
2. How many chief justices are in supreme court
3. What does the cabinet do
4. Name one branch of the govt
5. What did the declatration of independence do?
6. Who did the US get independence from?

Got all of them right, and then was asked to read "When is Columbus day" and asked to write "Columbus day is in October"

Passed this part, and was to have a seat for the N-400 interview. Was called in, was asked to take the oath, officer went thru N-400 questions, marked them off. I was asked for the court dispositions of all traffic citations. Luckily for me, I spent the last month hunting them down and getting them.

I notice that the office took lots and lots of notes, esp around citations (i have two of them in total..just regular speeding tickets) and trips outside the US.

I was then informed that I was recommended for approval. They gave me a green letter stating oath is going to be on March 18, 2010! Three months away!! Seemed a bit far when I notice other DO's it was happening in 1 month!

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, pleasant staff.

Good luck all!
Congratulations

This question is not in 100 question provided by USCIS "6. Who did the US get independence from?"

Congratulations

This question is not in 100 question provided by USCIS "6. Who did the US get independence from?"

Sorry, I believe the question was related to question 5 "What did the declaration of Independence signify", I said "It signifies the independence of the United States" and the officer said "from whome?" and I said "from Great Britain" ;)

I guess I dont recall the real question no 6