Interview experience at Fairfax DO

2010citizen

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview at Fairfax DO at 1:20 pm on 2/3/10. I reached the office at 12:30, and was called in at about 2 pm. I was familiar with the office as my wife had the interview there last year. After the standard oath, the first thing the officer did was give me back a picture of me and my wife that we included during our I-485 interview. She said its not required as my application was not marriage based. I am not sure why we had to give it during our I-485 process but I just took it back without any questions. After that it was all pretty standard. As my wife became a citizen last year, she asked me jokingly why it took me so long. I said I wasnt ready, and she asked whether I wasnt ready mentally and I said yes. Then she proceeded to the rest of the questions and the civics test. When she printed a sheet with my details, the middle name was spelled wrong, so she had to reprint it. Then she approved the application and filed it in the thick file that had all my previous immigration related applications. She tried to get me a slot for the 4:15 oath, but it was too late. So she scheduled it for 11 am on 2/4. It was a pleasant experience and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I had my oath at 11 am on 2/4, and again everything was pretty standard along the expected lines.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your valuable inputs.