interview done, no update online

xxjjccbb

Registered Users (C)
i would just like to update you about my interview yesterday morning..
we arrived early in buffalo, around 9:30 am though our interview was scheduled at 11:15.. we just waited for 10:30 since we do not want to be too early for the appointment.. we went through security.. and was in the waiting room with only 2 other people.. they were called ahead of us.. after a few minutes we were called in by a male officer and was ushered to his room.. we were placed under oath and were seated.. he just asked for my passport and ID for my husband.. he then asked us to state our address which my husband answered.. he reviewed some details about the application forms we submitted.. did not even ask for any originals of the documents we have submitted.. just asked us where, when and how we met.. and why i had my medical exam in california( we reside in ny).. i just told him we visited my parents and decided to do it there.. and that was it.. he asked us what documents we brought and i gave him the original copy of our lease, bank statements, insurance.. he asked me to choose 2 photos from the album i was giving him.. he then said that he was approving us but just needs to make copies of all the other documents we brought.. he went out of the office and came back after a few minutes.. he then explained about the removal of conditions and asked us if we have any more questions since we are done.. i asked him if he needed to stamp my passport but he said no.. unless we are traveling outside the country in the next 2 weeks.. since we do not have any plans to leave the country that soon.. he said the stamp would not be necessary since i would receive the card in 7-10 days.. we were so happy and thanked him.. and we were out of the building and ready to go home even before 11:15 (our appt time)..

i was hoping to see an online update when we got home but until this time.. there is no update online.. not even touched at all.. so i was confused.. he actually said we were approved but did not give me anything.. is this normal? now my optimism for the 7-10 days waiting was gone.. (i guess it was too good to be true) besides, everything was fast for us.. interview date was day81 after they received our application..

well, i guess we just have to wait then..

goodluck to those awaiting their interviews..:)

You don't really have to worry about the online status. This is oftenly not updated. There was a recent memo from USCIS that announced there was a general permanent resident card production delay since they were supposedly upgrading their equipment. However, should you need proof of resident status and more than 10 days have passed, you may schedule an INFOPASS apointment with the local District Office and they will stamp your passport with the I-551 stamp as temporary evidence of permanent residence. Just take your I-485 receipt notice so that they can verify your alien number and case number and confirm it was already approved. They should not deny the you the issuance of the stamp since you ARE now a lawful permanent resident.

People seriously need to be more patient. I am often shocked at how impatient people are with this and how they expect everything to happen snap snap snap. Seriously, all you can do is wait.

i was just sharing my experience and thoughts about the matter.. im not being impatient or anything.. in fact i feel lucky that our entire ordeal just took 81 days from filing to actual interview.. thanks for the advise anyway..:)

hi shrympie..

thanks.. i actually received an email from CRIS.. card production ordered as of yesterday.. and i have LUD on both i485 and i130.. though the i130's status is still case received and pending.. i guess the online status can really take awhile..

i am just so happy.. thanks to everybody.. this forum was of great help to us.. we did not even consult a lawyer..:D

again, goodluck to everyone awaiting their interviews..:)