Interview Done, but pending Security Clearence...!!!

Here is my case history

Filed (485/130)-Oct'03
Interview -Jun'04
Status - Pending Name Check

I have written to congressman & Senator Boxer , feinstein ....all they can do is check the status with FBI & nothing else ...

Has anyone considered Writ of Mandamus ....what are the risks involved ,cost and success rate...?

Thanks

Applied for I 485 - Feb 2005
FP and Biometrics - March 2005
First EAD : April 2005
Interview : November 2005
CAME TO KNOW THAT FBI NAMECK IS PENDING!
EAD Biometrics : May 2006
2nd EAD and 1st Travel Document: May 2006

I am stuck on Name check since March 2005. I am not sure when USCIS sent the details to FBI. I asked this question to them and they were totally unaware of it. I have visited USCIS a few times on InfoPass - "still pending" status. I am taking the Senator route if I don't hear from USCIS in the next 2-3 months.

Based on all the research I have done on this topic, I feel that FBI name check time varies on a case by case basis. I have seen very few people who come back to these forums telling us when they finally received their GC's or may be they are all in the same boat like us - WAITING!

Patience pays! Hold on tight!

Thing is moving!

Hello all,
I filed the WOM on March 31 ,2006 and today I received Change of Address corrections. That is not a good news but what is good about this is that I feel that the law suit is working. I haven't hear anything forme these goverment agentcies sine the day of interveiew till now. That is the only asuumtion I can make.

Thank you all for all support and helpful info.
Best Regards,
~Cindy