Interview Done, but pending Security Clearence...!!!

ptr2477

Registered Users (C)
Our interview has completed today and the officer said everything looks good, but my case has been pending on a security clearance. As soon as it's completed, he can approve the case.

Does this means it's pending on FBI name check? Anybody knows how long will it take to complete this? Can I do anything or track this process?

Thank you all.

H1B married to USC
DO - Detroit
Application sent: August 20, 2005
FP: Jan 30, 2006
EAD: Feb 06, 2006
Interview: April 17th, 2006
Security clearance pending .... :(

I followed threads of a couple of people with pending name check and I think it depends on your individual case how long it will take.
Some had it done quickly, others had to wait for quite a long time.
There is a link in the AOS Interview Timeline thread by ari4u. Maybe that will help you.
Good luck!

Make a move if u want it faster

hey,
yes, its pending fbi security checks....try following up with local fbi....send them faxes and ur senators......www.senate.gov....the faster u act, the faster it'll take....my name check results, as i last heard from senator in WV has been sent to uscis headquarters 2 1/2 weeks ago and local uscis dont know anything about it yet......good news, things are finally moving....

Guys,
My interview was ok, but officer gave me an RFE for income statment and vaccination paper. Before interview, he said that he can't issue me GC due to this reason.
I assumed that all other things r ok, n never asked about name check or others.
it s now second month, since i sent all papers they asked for, but no answer so far.
can i assume, security clearance?
however, i don't know it, How can i determine about it, if my AOS s pending due to it?
any idea?

Shah jee said:
Guys,
My interview was ok, but officer gave me an RFE for income statment and vaccination paper. Before interview, he said that he can't issue me GC due to this reason.
it s now second month, since i sent all papers they asked for, but no answer so far.
however, i don't know it, How can i determine about it, if my AOS s pending due to it?
any idea?

Get an INFOPASS and figure out what the heck they are waiting for. You application should at your local DO, so try to have the infopass over there. Good luck.

falcyon said:
hey,
yes, its pending fbi security checks....try following up with local fbi....send them faxes and ur senators......www.senate.gov....the faster u act, the faster it'll take....my name check results, as i last heard from senator in WV has been sent to uscis headquarters 2 1/2 weeks ago and local uscis dont know anything about it yet......good news, things are finally moving....
Can you give us your timeline? How long did you waited before taking action??

Last edited by a moderator:
amishah,

You said "FBI Name Check Initiated 04/22/2005 ". How did you track this information? Please explain ...

ptr2477 said:
amishah,

You said "FBI Name Check Initiated 04/22/2005 ". How did you track this information? Please explain ...
When I visited my DO, I ask the officer at window. They can see in the system when USCIS submitted your name to FBI. The officer also said they re-submit every year. I am not sure if every DO do that.

amishah said:
When I visited my DO, I ask the officer at window. They can see in the system when USCIS submitted your name to FBI. The officer also said they re-submit every year. I am not sure if every DO do that.
Correction...the name check is resubmitted every 15 months :)

I had similar situation. We send it within a month. After half a year I got a notice abouta a second interview. Could not go, so now my congressman wrote a letter too see what happened.

Take action, don't wait

amishah,
aos filed : july 14th, 2003
nd : oct 2nd, 2003
first and only fingerprint(code 3) : oct 8th, 2005
aos interview : nov 10, 2005
sent letters to senators : march 15th around
name check completed and sent to uscis headquarters : 4/4/2005

since then waiting on the clearance of other security checks at USICS headquarters...haven't heard from local pittsburgh DO as well...they said first time security checks was initiated with wrong date of birth 22nd oct, 2005. After our AOS interview, it was resubmitted with correct dob on Dec 1, 2005 and a third re-submission was done yesterday when i enquired over the phone. God knows what other security checks they are conducting at the USCIS headquarters...called my senator at WV, and he also said name checks is clear and its no longer under FBI jurisdiction....he confirmed it....its all a USICS ball game now....waiting.....

Thanks
Falcyon

quick correction

sent letters to senators : march 15th, 2006 around
name check completed and sent to uscis headquarters : 4/4/2006 as per wv senator byrd's office

How about 1200 days of waitting?

EricNeesGC said:
517 days for me...beat that :)

I am looking into filing a law suit now.

Yes mine was since Septmeber 07/03 that was 1200 day, 4-5 days give or take. And YES still waitting.
~C

Name Check

Mine is pending also.it shows that the name check was initiated since oct 02nd 2003 and i had my interview in April 27th 2005 almost 1 year from then and still on Pending status.What can i do?
Thanks

cuties said:
Yes mine was since Septmeber 07/03 that was 1200 day, 4-5 days give or take. And YES still waitting.
~C
Then why in the world dont you file a lawsuit??? I am already reading how to do it, just in case i will need to use it.

Shah jee said:
Guys,
any idea?

I’ve received and read two long PMs that you sent me within few days, in addition to some of your previous posting on this forum. For some reason, my PM is just not working today. Thus, I’m answering to you here.

First of all, I do acknowledge your frustration and anger with USCIS particularly when you received a Notice of ‘Intent to Deny’ for your I-485 despite of sending the required information/document that USCIS asked from you thru a REF. I agree that this should not have happened. I would also get so mad and frustrated if all this were to happen to me too. However, I would like you to understand this entire happening with a common sense point of views.

You know that nobody is perfect, so obviously you cannot expect USCIS to be perfect either. I myself don’t appreciate the carelessness that USCIS has shown lately. For example, USCIS approved Mohammad Atta’s application for extension of his student visa after 6 months of his death. Mohammad Atta was the leader of those who caused 9/11 terrorist act on America in 2001. The whole world knew who he was even my 4 yrs old nephew, yet still USCIS approved his application after 6 months of his death. Also, there are thousands of incidents where they never sent any notifications for interview and REF but they denied cases by saying that applicants did not answer or show up. So, I do understand all this.

I don’t know why all this happened/happening and I don’t wish this to happen. I’ve heard so many terrible tales on this like some employees of USCIS having different views on immigrants that make them to purposely misplace applicants’ files and don’t send applicants any notice or purposely throw the document/information they receive from applicants on REF so that immigrants’ applications could deny. These employees are lower level of employees who are responsible for sending REF/Notice for interview and receiving any correspondence from applicants so that they could file all this in the proper files before adjudication officers make a decision. How true this tales are, I honestly don’t know.

I also notice the tone of your anger towards the USCIS which is quite understandable. But I believe you might already know that granting a green card to an alien is a matter of privilege and not as a right. That means, even though you are married to a US citizen, govt. retains the right not to allow you to live here. I’m personally aware of so many cases wherein govt. exercised such right many times even though there was nothing wrong in those aliens’ background despite of them being married to US citizens for many years.

As a matter of fact, US govt. also threw out a multi billionaire guy, Guru Rajnish, in 1986 within 24 hours of notice to him despite of him having lived here since 70s. This guy was 70+ yrs old and he was involved in his belief of having free sex. His followers were the richest people from the world, even one of the good actors from Bollywood (India)-Vinod Khanna. He had 9 Royal Rice cars and unlimited diamonds/ruby and etc. However, US govt. did not throw him because of his belief of having free sex; rather they threw him because he wanted to own half of the Oregon state. Anyway, the reason for me to have mentioned about his case is just you to know that govt. can decide whatever they want when it comes to aliens even though it might seem unfair to some people.

Anyway, just keep some patience in dealing with USCIS. You barely sent your required documents to USCIS, which is just over a month. Sometimes it takes few months for them to put a finger on a file as they are so busy to handle new cases every day which makes them not to touch old cases.

However, the age difference between you and your wife does surprise me (and it has surprised the interviewing officer too according to your PM). It is not mine or anyone’s business nor I’m judging you, but this age difference does make me surprise. I’ve never heard such a difference in age anywhere. I mean, if she were to be younger one then I could understand such a huge difference because men do get involved with so much young females all the times but in your case-the situation is other way around. I hope you would never hurt the feelings of this woman who is seemed to have given her whole heart to you. Always remember-what goes around, always comes around, one way or another.

Nevertheless, your case is not subjected to a field investigation, nor age different is playing any role to have delaying decision here because USCIS had decided to deny your case because of not receiving required documents from you. So, don’t worry about age difference and the bonafide of your marriage. Did you reply to REF by certified mail or a regular mail? Just send it again just in case they have lost them again. But do mention that you did send all this before.

Patience is the name of the game. So, just take it easy and don’t assume something at this point when things are not looking that bad.

Good luck.

FBI name check

it normally take 60 days.plz let me know if u hear anythingelse

ptr2477 said:
Our interview has completed today and the officer said everything looks good, but my case has been pending on a security clearance. As soon as it's completed, he can approve the case.

Does this means it's pending on FBI name check? Anybody knows how long will it take to complete this? Can I do anything or track this process?

Thank you all.

H1B married to USC
DO - Detroit
Application sent: August 20, 2005
FP: Jan 30, 2006
EAD: Feb 06, 2006
Interview: April 17th, 2006
Security clearance pending .... :(