Interview date is before 5 year eligibility date

DreamUSA

Registered Users (C)
Folks, a friend just got a letter for interview which is about 20-25 days before the 5 year eligibility date ...

Should he go for interview and manage the eligibility date via Oath ceremony?

Basic question: can someone be approved for citizenship before the eligibility date but the take oath on the eligibility date/after ?

Make sense ? Works ?

I have a friend who had the same situation, they interviewed him and approved him, and made sure his Oath happens after his eligibility date. Probably your friend should mention this in the interview, if the IO doesn't catch it. I remember there was a thread about this before...

Folks, a friend just got a letter for interview which is about 20-25 days before the 5 year eligibility date ...

Should he go for interview and manage the eligibility date via Oath ceremony?

Basic question: can someone be approved for citizenship before the eligibility date but the take oath on the eligibility date/after ?

Make sense ? Works ?

Yes, The interview and approval can be made before 5 years and oath will be scheduled after that. But there are also reports interview was canceled
and need to be rescheduled if original date is before 5 years

same thing happened to me, interview a few days before 5 year anniversary, but oath was a few days after 5 year anniversary, i wouldn't say anything at interview in case the IO makes a deal of it............and it just gets put back............go for it!

Your case can be recommended for approval before 5th year anniversary, but the final approval and oath can only take place after 5th year anniversary has passed. Most likely the IO will inform you at interview that your oath can only be after you have met the anniversary date (instead of IO rescheduling interview altogether).

i can see so many people r in same situation ( including me ) :)

guys -- please post your experience after the interview in this case.........

i wish it was me... i make sure to get an update and share here (myself still getting ready to file)