Interview date 2 days before my 3 year GC date!

wannabeusa

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,
I did delay my fingerprint by two weeks but still got the interview date 2 days before my 3 year GC date! Yes that’s unfortunate but things happen. I also have a name change request, so I guess that would have been delayed anyway! I was wondering if I’m going to have double delay due to short of 3 years mark and name change! My Interview is on March 12th and the GC date is March 14th. There is a weekends in between. Had I have the interview on Monday instead of Friday, I would not have this issue..:(. Any ideas/suggestions guys?

Hey guys,
I did delay my fingerprint by two weeks but still got the interview date 2 days before my 3 year GC date! Yes that’s unfortunate but things happen. I also have a name change request, so I guess that would have been delayed anyway! I was wondering if I’m going to have double delay due to short of 3 years mark and name change! My Interview is on March 12th and the GC date is March 14th. There is a weekends in between. Had I have the interview on Monday instead of Friday, I would not have this issue..:(. Any ideas/suggestions guys?

It's only an issue if they could have adjudicated your application and given you oath the same day. In your case, they will simply wait until your anniversary date to adjudicate your application. Given that your anniversary is s 2 days later, it won't really delay your application further.

yep...just stick with the scheduled date...hope IO is reasonable...and schedules you (assuming the interview is OK) for next oath after you meet 5 year rules...instead giving you "decision can not be made" paper.

same situation

i have the same situation. 5 year completing 10th of March interview on 8th of March at Buffalo DO.Let see what the officer has to say.Good luck every one.:)

This only cause an issue if they follow two kind so time line as below

(1) if ID is after 5th anniversary of GC:

Interview Date - wait N1 days - Official approval date

(2) if ID is before 5th anniversary of GC:

Interview Date - 5th anniversary of GC - wait N2 days - Official approval date

It is only an issue if N2 is much greater than N1. Otherwise what difference does it make?
Maybe you are not happy if you get a decision can not be made" instead of "recommended for approval".

But no one knows, maybe indeed N2 is much greater than N1. Your case may be placed on a high level of shelves waiting for
teh 5th anniversary of GC but they froget it for a while.

Well, I am applying based on 3 years rule. I am afraid that they might put my file away and forget about it for a long while. And I am missing the recommend for approval option by 2 days. I did not want them to hold my file for future approval. Anyway, I have only one option left- On March 12th, Friday I go and pass the interview. Hopefully they will approve it 2 days later - 14th March, Monday and get scheduled for a judiciary oath for Name Change soon enough.:(

i have the same situation. 5 year completing 10th of March interview on 8th of March at Buffalo DO.Let see what the officer has to say.Good luck every one.:)

Mine is in Buffalo too. And the interview is 13 days before 5 years on GC. Will let you know.