Interview before 5-year anniversary. Better to reschedule?

WaitingInOK

Registered Users (C)
In the event that an N-400 applicant gets scheduled to be interviewed before the 5-year GC anniversary, is it better to try to reschedule to a later date to avoid the "A decision cannot be made at this time" letter? Or is it better to go ahead and do it as soon as possible? I see lots of people complaining that their cases seem "lost in space" after doing early interview. Any experiences?

You don't have to. My interview was 2 weeks before 5 year anniversary, the IO didn't approve my case because of this. I got the oath letter 2 weeks after the 5 year anniversary.

In the event that an N-400 applicant gets scheduled to be interviewed before the 5-year GC anniversary, is it better to try to reschedule to a later date to avoid the "A decision cannot be made at this time" letter? Or is it better to go ahead and do it as soon as possible? I see lots of people complaining that their cases seem "lost in space" after doing early interview. Any experiences?
If you request your interview to be rescheduled, it will involve more of a delay than just going to your original interview and receiving decision cannot be made letter. The "lost is space" scenario is an exception, not the norm.

Keep your interview Date as scheduled. My Oath letter was mailed 9 days after I became eligible (interview was 2 weeks before my eligibility date)

If I had rescheduled my interview , the oath letter would have been delayed even further.

Last edited by a moderator: