Interview Atlanta

EuCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Had an appt. for 12:15. Arrived by 12, got called exactly @ 12:15. Sworn in. IO asked for drivers license, GC and all passports. We then went through the standard Q/A. When asked about arrested/cited I acknowledged my two speeding tickets. She asked if they were paid. I was also asked if kids live with me and if not if I pay child support, explained we live together. She spent about 10 min going through my file, then asked 6 questions, basic read and write, etc. I was then offered to have oath same day, which I accepted. Oath was at 2PM. All in all done by 3:15PM.

Congrats EuCitizen!

Quick question: how long ago did you receive the speeding tickets? Did you check "Yes" or "No" in the N-400 under Good Moral Character # 15 and #16? When you mentioned the tickets to the Officer, did she ask to see the proof of payments? Or did she take your word on it?

Congrats EuCitizen!

Quick question: how long ago did you receive the speeding tickets? Did you check "Yes" or "No" in the N-400 under Good Moral Character # 15 and #16? When you mentioned the tickets to the Officer, did she ask to see the proof of payments? Or did she take your word on it?

1998 and 2003. I did select yes in the cited/arrested. She did not ask to see any paper to confirm that tkts were paid, she just took my word for it. Perhaps my file - 100+ pages thick easily - had that information already. In any case, if I did not pay, there would be warrant outstanding which would easily show up in the background check.

BTW, I got the new computer-generated certificate. The funny side of this is seems they now use the photo they take as part of FP and not the one you submit. DO not laugh too hard when you see yours, because it ain't pretty, trust me ;-)))

And so, do not spend millions on good photo, because you will look like crap on the certificate anyway ;-)

BTW, I got the new computer-generated certificate. The funny side of this is seems they now use the photo they take as part of FP and not the one you submit. DO not laugh too hard when you see yours, because it ain't pretty, trust me ;-)))

And so, do not spend millions on good photo, because you will look like crap on the certificate anyway ;-)

Thanks for the info on the photo scandal...lol!!!! Congratulations on your citizenship.....

Thank gd i had already had my oath ceremony because the photo that was taken at my fingerprint was pretty ugly, my eyebrow was bushy, didnt wear make up( it was hot and sweaty), it was windy so my hair was a total mess!!!