Interpretation of Fujie Ohata's Memo

yes, thats what i feel, it will take years and year before they will touch i-140.....Loosing the hope now.. if this turns out to be true.. i would give this up and would work for some one who give me 90% of my billing and would not mind going back at the end...

sorry guys for this negative thought...but u all understand how difficult it is to work hard and give 50% of ur money to some AH for doing nothing....sorry:(

kabish,

Let me ask you something. Do you mean to say that apart from EAD and 485 cases all other cases show last updated date same as your notice date or is it some other date after notice date?

I am a little slow on this Fujie memo, can anyone point me to the actual memo, maybe we can add the link to the first post, point me to it and I will add it.

Thanks
joyd

Hi Jharkhandi,

My PD is 03/24/2004
My Nd is 03/26/2004.

From the online status
I-140
I-131

Last updated date is 03/26/2004

For
I-485
Last updated is
04/19/2004.For yr info i got Fp notification on april 16 2004.

For
I-765(Employment Authorization)

Last updated is
03/30/2004

From my ND only 485 and for 131 dates has changed not for I-140 or I-131

So what do u think??

Regards
Kabish

Originally posted by kabish
Hi Jharkhandi,

My PD is 03/24/2004
My Nd is 03/26/2004.

From the online status
I-140
I-131

Last updated date is 03/26/2004

For
I-485
Last updated is
04/19/2004.For yr info i got Fp notification on april 16 2004.

For
I-765(Employment Authorization)

Last updated is
03/30/2004

From my ND only 485 and for 131 dates has changed not for I-140 or I-131

So what do u think??

Regards
Kabish

After seeing your post - I went to a co-worker who told me that all his cases have last updated date as notice date + 3 days. I saw his case details myself and I am surprised what is up with his case? His is a 2004 case. I wish if people could come up with what they see - we maybe able to knock out final piece as to who are going to get benefits or who knows CSC and VSC have different processing steps!

But from your details - it seems you are on your way. Perhaps you are part of pilot program and they are using same method for pilot program which they will use later with the Fujie Memo.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my guess. Since there is a pilot going on in CSC and I do not think CSC has come out with anything on Fujie Memo.

Hi Jharkhandi,,

Many people are telling in CSC pilot pgm is going on?/But i dont know which date it has started??Do u have any idea??

Thanks
Kabish

curious

Does anyone know what will happen in my case ?

140/485 concurrently filed on Dec 10, 2002

140 - no approval yet
485 - FP done last year..

PLEASE GIVE YR OPINIONS!!

I have been reading that the memo states that persons with FP approved will be adjugated. My FP have been taken last year, but still shows "under review".

I called FBI and they told me that the FP was cleared and sent to USCIS immediately. I called the USCIS number and Reps assured me that nothing is wrong and that it will be taken up once my number comes up.

My question is will my case languish, since it is not been updated and the case officer thinks FP is still "pending review":confused: :mad:

Dom,

I would say do not go by online msg system, I have seen so many people out here on the forum and also outside of forum who had weird exp with this online msg system.

there are people who never found there i-140 number on the system but got approved, people who still see "ur application was recd on bla bla bl" msg and have got there case approvedf 3 months back, people who see ""ur application was recd on bla bla bl"" msg and when they went for the i-ead they were told that there is RFE..so bottom line is not to go by that system msg, our friend out here can confirm what i am saying, that would give u comfert level.

As far as i think/know/guess if ur FP is 1 year old, they may ask u for fresh FP....

but over all u r good,

just trying to contributre in what others have started...

Who is concurrent filer?

It has always been a point of discussion what is concurrent filing:

Please refer to: 8 CFR Sec. 245.2(a)(2)(C).

It says:

(C) A visa petition and an adjustment application are concurrently filed only if:

(1) The visa petitioner and adjustment applicant each file their respective form at the same time, bundled together within a single mailer or delivery packet, with the proper filing fees on the same day and at the same Service office, or;

(2) the visa petitioner filed the visa petition, for which a visa number has become immediately available, on, before or after July 31, 2002, and the adjustment applicant files the adjustment application, together with the proper filing fee and a copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action, establishing the receipt and acceptance by the Service of the underlying Form I-140 visa petition, at the same Service office at which the visa petitioner filed the visa petition, or;

(3) The visa petitioner filed the visa petition, for which a visa number has become immediately available, on, before, or after July 31, 2002, and the adjustment applicant files the adjustment application, together with proof of payment of the filing fee with the Service and a copy of the Form I-797 Notice of Action establishing the receipt and acceptance by the Service of the underlying Form I-140 visa petition, with the Immigration Court or the Board of Immigration Appeals when jurisdiction lies under paragraph (a)(1) of this section.

I am not sure how it translates into practice. But the question on who is concurrent will be addressed(hopefully.).

Will the status of such cases change next week ? How do we know if a particular case has been adjudicated like this ?

I thought a good discussion will follow after quoting section on concurrent filing. I wonder...

BeQuiet,

First answer is: No one knows.
Second is: Report if you get approval - expect someone will report something next week!

485 processing used to be like...

Source:

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/i485standard.pdf

Courtesy: PhillyKP in 2004 Tracker.

Re: F.Ohata memo

Looks like concurrent filers should forget about I-140. If everything is perfect in the application, it will be approved at the same time as the 485.

F.O. memo is not promising anything such as faster processing. It is difficult to assess the intention and spirit of the memo without commitment.

Re: Re: F.Ohata memo

Originally posted by !@#$
Looks like concurrent filers should forget about I-140. If everything is perfect in the application, it will be approved at the same time as the 485.

F.O. memo is not promising anything such as faster processing. It is difficult to assess the intention and spirit of the memo without commitment.

it is too early to say. now that we have passed the Apr 30 th deadline we just have to wait and see..

Ppl should post thier approvals on whatever app thier get approved ( solo I140 ,both I140 I485 )

This will give atleast some idea on how the memo is being implemented. i guess the ppl who have both I140 and I485 pending and FP done and the ND is before the present Ofiicail processing Date ( i think Aug 8 th 03) should see some action in coming weeks on their apps