International Travel While N-400 is Pending

syriano

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I have done my FPs and waiting on my interview letter. I'm not expencting the any interview before 2 months as my background check is still pending. I would like to know if a 2 month vacation would jopertize my N-400 application (break continuous residency by any mean). This would be my only trip outside the US this year and it's time to visit with my family. Will have my roomate checking my mail for me.

Please inform.

It doesn't seem like it would jeopardize anything. It's good you have someone to check your mail, in case the interview letter arrives earlier than you expect and you need to change your return ticket.

A 2 month trip in itself won't break your continuous residency.

Thanks Bob for the quick response.

Just to be on the safe side, I should mention that the only other long trip I made in the past 5 years was last Aug when I also went to visit my family for 62 days. Other than that I have been taking a month long vacation every year to go overseas. Would that change anything in your opinion?

thanks...

Thanks Bob for the quick response.

Just to be on the safe side, I should mention that the only other long trip I made in the past 5 years was last Aug when I also went to visit my family for 62 days. Other than that I have been taking a month long vacation every year to go overseas. Would that change anything in your opinion?

thanks...

No, as those are short vacations.

You'll be fine. Be prepared to cut your trip short - some DOs are moving fast nowadays!