Internation Adoption for H1 B Holders.

Kopal

Hi Gurus,
I am Holding H1B visa and processing my Green gard. I want to adopt a child from Bangladesh. What's the immigration law on this matter. Will I be allowed for the adoption. Hope to hear some good news. Thanks

Is any body out there? Please answer my question. It is matter of life life and death situation. Thanks

I would suggest you to contact any good attorney. Please post your experience after consulting with someone. That would help to others.

Thanks.

Any answers

Kopal:

i am in a similar situation to you. I am here on h1 and am looking to adopt from India. Did you get any feedback for your situation.

Thanks
adpt

adopt on H-1

try asking the nri child listserv. usually the child has to live with you for 2 years before getting an H-4 visa. But I've heard of a couple of cases where the visa officer approve H-4. But the parents, at least one of them-was ready to stay behind in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
wish to adopt a relative

GC & US citizens need to be w/ the candidate for 2 yrs but there is no clause that H1b non-immigrant has to be w/ 2 yrs. But it is possible w/ my case because I wish to adopt my relative who was w/ me for 2 yrs before I moved to USA.

Can some one guide me any group? I am on H1b w/ labor pending.
thanks
Sanjeev

Internation Adoption for H1 B /H4Holders

Hi,

Me and my wife want to adopt child from india, i am on green card and she is on h1b. is it possible bring child on h4 or not. i am getting mix response till now.
if not is there any other option if you know anything pleas let us know.

If i get some info i will let you know

Thanks

One should be a US citizen to adopt a child. Period.

Hi,

Me and my wife want to adopt child from india, i am on green card and she is on h1b. is it possible bring child on h4 or not. i am getting mix response till now.
if not is there any other option if you know anything pleas let us know.

If i get some info i will let you know

Thanks