Internation Adoption for H1 B Holders.

Kopal

Hi Gurus,
I am Holding H1B visa and processing my Green gard. I want to adopt a child from Bangladesh. What's the immigration law on this matter. Will I be allowed for the adoption. Hope to hear some good news. Thanks

Kopal

Is any body out there? Please answer my question. It is matter of life life and death situation. Thanks

Waiting4GeeCee

Registered Users (C)
I would suggest you to contact any good attorney. Please post your experience after consulting with someone. That would help to others.

Thanks.

adpt

Any answers

Kopal:

i am in a similar situation to you. I am here on h1 and am looking to adopt from India. Did you get any feedback for your situation.

Thanks
adpt

GCin-waitng

Registered Users (C)
adopt on H-1

try asking the nri child listserv. usually the child has to live with you for 2 years before getting an H-4 visa. But I've heard of a couple of cases where the visa officer approve H-4. But the parents, at least one of them-was ready to stay behind in India.

Last edited by a moderator:

SanjeevGarg

wish to adopt a relative

GC & US citizens need to be w/ the candidate for 2 yrs but there is no clause that H1b non-immigrant has to be w/ 2 yrs. But it is possible w/ my case because I wish to adopt my relative who was w/ me for 2 yrs before I moved to USA.

Can some one guide me any group? I am on H1b w/ labor pending.
thanks
Sanjeev

kolasahai

Internation Adoption for H1 B /H4Holders

Hi,

Me and my wife want to adopt child from india, i am on green card and she is on h1b. is it possible bring child on h4 or not. i am getting mix response till now.
if not is there any other option if you know anything pleas let us know.

If i get some info i will let you know

Thanks

howdy_howdy

Volunteer Moderator
One should be a US citizen to adopt a child. Period.

Hi,

Me and my wife want to adopt child from india, i am on green card and she is on h1b. is it possible bring child on h4 or not. i am getting mix response till now.
if not is there any other option if you know anything pleas let us know.

If i get some info i will let you know

Thanks