interim EAD

Work with EAD

One can work with EAD or interim EAD as long as he work on the similar job for example same similar job description or same field until 485 was approved.

Interim EAD at SF..

Hey Guyz,

I picked up an Interim EAD from SF office today which took all the damn day over there !

We just need a copy of the Receipt notice..Nothing else !! No passport copies, No pictures.. They are taking a polaroid picture at the counter and issuing it. No qns asked about 140 and 485 too.. Just the receipt notice of 765 is checked that 90 days have completed !

But, the Interim expiry date is after 3 months !

Maybe this info helps for anyone looking for an Interim EAD !

Good Luck !

Well that means that you have to have your application for EAD on INS file for more than 90 days to get an Interim EAD.
Please clarify.

Re: Interim EAD at SF..

Originally posted by santosh99
Hey Guyz,

I picked up an Interim EAD from SF office today which took all the damn day over there !

!

What time did you reached there ? When were you able to get out of the INS ? I am going there next week and want to get an idea of whether I will be able to get to my office that day.
Thanks ..

Interim EAD at SF..

Yes, 90 days have to be finished from the Notice date of EAD application to claim an Interim EAD.

It takes approximately 4-5 hrs for the whole process. Maybe it was crowded due to the long weekend closings. Anyway, Gates open at 7 AM ...Good Luck !

Interim EAD is usually valid for 3 mnths, since your original EAD is on way. I got my spouse'd Interim EAD valid for 3 mnths but, I got EAD for both of us in mail, after 2 weeks.