Interim EAD-Policy is not consistent?

raju555

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Its been 6 months now i filled concurrently my I 140 and I 485.
I also applied for EAD and AP.
I went to San jose local INS office to get Interim EAD on 91'st Day.
But the officer said my application is with hold cannot be issued
EAD unless it is removed.

Then I contacted my attorney, He said he will enquiry with INS.
And in december 140 landed up with a query asking employer finance reports, we sent them on Januvary 9th.

I checkd the status, on website it said received response it will take 360 days to process.

So, I again went to San Jose office to get interim EAD, After 5 hours of waiting the same officer said same old thing.

I saw in forums lot of guys are getting Interim EAD with pending
140 & 485 at california service center.I completely don't understand why it is a problem with my case?

Anybody has this kind of bitter experince?

Thanks.
Raju.

concurrent filers should learn to go for interim EADs with lawyers in tow. I can assure you that you will not get the same shabby treatment.

Hi,
thanks for giving your opinion,
Just going forward, Do you mean take attorney to BCIS field office with me? or otherwise how?

Any suggestions welcome,

thanks,
Raju.

I had similar situation before. It seems to me that once they issue a RFE, you need wait another 90 days. I am not 100% sure but I saw a post some where. I went back 90 days after RFE on my I-140 and got my iEAD.

RFE???

I believe that 90 days count restarts ONLY when you receive RFE on the EAD application. I don't know whether RFE on 140 is any different.

-Dumeel

Re: RFE???

Originally posted by Dumeel
I believe that 90 days count restarts ONLY when you receive RFE on the EAD application. I don't know whether RFE on 140 is any different.

-Dumeel

Just to confirm, in my case there was only a RFE on I-140 nothing else, and I had another RFE on I-140 after I got my iEAD. I have never had any RFE on EAD.