Interesting - I-485 Processing dates Question

How District Processing dates affect the actual Service Center processing dates for I-485?
IF your case is transferred to District office, these dates apply, that is
Hartford, CT or it goes by Vermont Center date.

"vsc_babu"

Interesting answer... looks like I should start praying for my case transfer to Disctrict Center :)

Becareful while preying that

received date is the local/regional service center gets your file.. so if your case gets transfer today , you are already jan'03-nov'02= 13 month of minimum official waiting..
:D :D :D :D :D :D

See its written like this:

Now Processing cases with Receipt Notice Date of: ......Date

So it looks like if a case transfered to the District center with a Notice date April 2002, they should immidiately process it to meet there processing date line.

Though I am aware of inconsistency of BCIS and can not comment on what they want to do or what they should do.

Re: Becareful while preying that

Originally posted by RDMAR02
received date is the local/regional service center gets your file..

No. Transferred cases are prioritized by the receipt date at the service center, NOT the date of transfer.

Originally posted by Sanga
RD for District office is the date local office receives your transfered case. NOT your VSC RD on your I-485.

Nonsense. I've received written confirmation that this is NOT the case direct from Atlanta USCSIS through Senator Zell Miller's office. Who's your source?

Re: Re: Becareful while preying that

TRC,
Are you sure about it ?

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
No. Transferred cases are prioritized by the receipt date at the service center, NOT the date of transfer.

Re: Re: Re: Becareful while preying that

Originally posted by Sanga
Are you sure about it ?

Yes. I've received that straight from Zell Miller's office. Now remember that it may take some time for the local office to get your file and then put it in the queue for scheduling, but processing should be done based on the original receipt date.

If your local office states in writing that the clock gets reset, this is a mandamus suit waiting to happen. That will get things moving very quickly. :)

Thanks for clarifying, TRC.

As some of the district offices were taking too much time in scheduling the interviews, I believed thats because they are backed up on processing dates.

Took a quick look at transfered cases and their interview schedules at Transfers Forum and compared with local district office dates for I-485. It appears you are right.

Again Thanks for the valuable comment.

-Sanga.

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
Yes. I've received that straight from Zell Miller's office. Now remember that it may take some time for the local office to get your file and then put it in the queue for scheduling, but processing should be done based on the original receipt date.

If your local office states in writing that the clock gets reset, this is a mandamus suit waiting to happen. That will get things moving very quickly. :)

Irrsespective of what the date is. The real issue is how long is the queue and how efficient they are in processing. So all that would vary from center to center.
HTH

OK so let me get this right you are saying .. My case was rd in VSC on June 18th 2002 my case was then transferred to Hartford on oct 31st 2003 so what your saying is my processing date should go by my original RD with VSC so I should be up for processing soon I don't think that is right but my lawyer says there is a big big backlog in Hartford and I ahve seen people waiting nearly 18 months in hartford.... We need some light shed on this situation as to whether it goes by RD at VSC or RD at Hartford????? I think if you read the tracker of Hartford transfers they have stated that you start the whole process from the beginning of there Hartford RD

hello friends,

Our case is pending in Philly local center for an interview.when i went in person to talk to the iio regarding the time frame and the status of the case this is the information i got.

When a case is transfered to a local center the regional center is history for them.The case RD will now be the date when the local center gets your file from the regional center.

For example if your 485 case was filed on sept 10 2001 and if it was transfered on september 10'th 2003 from INS Vermont but the file was received by the local center on jan 10 2004 then the local cente will make your rd as jan 10 2004 and not September 10 2003.

It is as good as starting the processing of your I-485 at the local center.

If your local center is having little backlog then u're lucky even though your RD as per the local center is jan 10 2004 if they had only a 20-30 cases pending your interview may come within a couple of months.

This is the information i got and has been verified by other people waiting for interviews at Philly.If Hartford center has a different rule then ony they would know.

As for cases at Hartford if you look at www.immihelp.com and look for the processing times at local centers it may give a beter indication.

ciao
gcsep10

So half the jury is saying that its based on the original RD and the other half saying you go into the district RD surely having sat in VSC for 16 months and then put into another back log of 18 months is totally unfair where is justice ... its all right saying all we can do is wait but wait for what ..wait until this new law gets signed in and then they back log the cetres to an unbelievable amount I think all us waiting need to apply for jobs at the BCIS .. at least we understand the torture each individual goes through in the waiting process..:)