Interesting Details on Naturalization Experiences !

sai-2367

Registered Users (C)
While I was waiting for the naturalization processes to complete, I met this interesting guy from Brooklyn, NY (Jamaican probably). He came and sat next to me and we chatted about cricket and stuff. Interestingly, he had a very tough officer , but you guys will enjoy this:-
When the officer wanted his passport to validate his trips, he replied that he forgot to get his passport. The officer asked him to go and get it, but he said that getting to NY (Home) and back would take him at least 3 hours. The officer was puzzled and asked for his drivers license. Of course he had his license, but guess what: it was NY drivers license. The officer fumed and asked him why was he applying in NJ, if he carried a NY license. My buddy answered: "It is a great country, where I do not have to pay for license every time I move'. The officer was tough but broke into a laughter after hearing this. He applied based on his sisters place in NJ.
My buddy from Brooklyn was at the oath ceremony with me - A proud citizen.

So guys, if it is your day, no one can stop ya !

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to dampen your celebratory mood, but your buddy is lucky the IO didn't delay his application based on not applying to the DO that is serviced by his zip code.

The IO's seemed very fair and co-operative. I did see them send people to their homes to get stuff, but I did see them pass most people. I was there for a while and having nothing better to do, I chatted with several folks and heard their experiences.