interesting crap from Customer rep

point taken

Sudh-I was making light of the situation (notice I wasn't the one making racist remarks and regarding the 'wives" comment, notice the emoticon, i was making fun, get over yourself, it was a joke)-
If it was a joke and I hope that you won't mind the criticism. Whole comment was related to racist comments. No where your name was printed.
if they have attitudes when we call and act a certain way for whatever reason then I too am justified in saying they suck for not being helpful and worse,. Sh*t happens, big deal.
I have also got same answer from same individual with whom you have talked. Calling TSC to check status is still we are asking something more than what they suppose to give us. Remember TSC officers are IOs and need to use only for the reason give. Some IOs are nice and gave information that does not mean it is our (Customers) right. Also original point that she was rude still what that has to do with race.

You don't know for a fact that they make minimum wages, they are gov't workers, even with minimum wages You wanna deal with the person who made a racist remark, go ahead and copy and paste your last post after you quote them. Who earns how much is not my business.
But! Here I agree with you. I should have used original post.

That is their job; they sit down and answer phones. How am I disturbing someone when I am giving them a reason to get paid?
TSC is not Customer Service Center like 1800 number. When you call TSC, actual immigration officer is talking. His/Her main job is to work on cases not to answer customers status.
You're judging me. If I'm such a bad person for expressing my opinions at someone else's expense, considering that you're judging me, what does that say about you?
Dude, Did you really read anywhere I have written BAD thing about you. Any WHERE! I did not even type your name.

my 2 cents

Before this turns into a name-calling cussing thread and infighting amongst ourselves...

1. USCIS TSC IOs are customer service representatives and the job of a CSR is to be polite, extremely polite and ensure answers to customers questions. As I have written before, please for your own freakin benefit, read the GAO report from 2005 posted on this forum...there is a code of conduct for the CSRs and I too echo that there are couple of women who are extremely rude and shut you out...I have had the experience with 2 women, one of them being an AA and other seemed to be an old woman with a southern drawl.
2. At the end of the day, CSRs business is not to question the questioner or even ask how the questioner landed there...they can be polite and redirect us to NCSC, no point in showin an attitude which is almost obvious.
2a. Whats worse is that the customer is the one calling with a cool head and in almost all possibility the one with one at the end of the conversation.
2b. Has it ever occured to all the ones raising the questions that all of us need to dance around our questions lest we upset the CSR? This is a joke!
3. I agree, GC is a privilege...not at the cost of inherent pride what makes us all tick. Surely, each of us wakes up in the morning for a reason.
4. The system is to blame finally...luckily, there is this forum for all of us to vent and share...please dont take upon the moral authority...the forum administrators will do just that :D
5. What is unfortunate is that the TSC IOs know our plight and dont even empathise with our situation and callously remark 30, 45, 60, 90 and 180 days...having access to the CLAIMS3 CLAIMS2 systems, I believe they have access to the information which, in reality, they dont know how to acces(new to the job or not trained)...the canned answers to listen is frustrating all the times...

So, while you allow info to be shared...its alright, to vent also...oh yeah, I forgot abt the race, big deal! Half the time, the black man on the TV is making the most self-deprecating remarks...this aint even a kiss from a rose! hehehe
nuff said.

Sudh-I was making light of the situation (notice I wasn't the one making racist remarks and regarding the 'wives" comment, notice the emoticon, i was making fun, get over yourself, it was a joke)-
If it was a joke and I hope that you won't mind the criticism. Whole comment was related to racist comments. No where your name was printed.
if they have attitudes when we call and act a certain way for whatever reason then I too am justified in saying they suck for not being helpful and worse,. Sh*t happens, big deal.
I have also got same answer from same individual with whom you have talked. Calling TSC to check status is still we are asking something more than what they suppose to give us. Remember TSC officers are IOs and need to use only for the reason give. Some IOs are nice and gave information that does not mean it is our (Customers) right. Also original point that she was rude still what that has to do with race.

You don't know for a fact that they make minimum wages, they are gov't workers, even with minimum wages You wanna deal with the person who made a racist remark, go ahead and copy and paste your last post after you quote them. Who earns how much is not my business.
But! Here I agree with you. I should have used original post.

That is their job; they sit down and answer phones. How am I disturbing someone when I am giving them a reason to get paid?
TSC is not Customer Service Center like 1800 number. When you call TSC, actual immigration officer is talking. His/Her main job is to work on cases not to answer customers status.
You're judging me. If I'm such a bad person for expressing my opinions at someone else's expense, considering that you're judging me, what does that say about you?
Dude, Did you really read anywhere I have written BAD thing about you. Any WHERE! I did not even type your name.

:) you quoted me. Now, when you quote someone, unless you specifically point out someone else by their name (like I did in my post) it automatically means that you're talking to the person you quoted. Well, i won't fight with you on this, it's just too silly of a subject but I get your point. No offense. Peace.

Before this turns into a name-calling cussing thread and infighting amongst ourselves...

1. USCIS TSC IOs are customer service representatives and the job of a CSR is to be polite, extremely polite and ensure answers to customers questions. As I have written before, please for your own freakin benefit, read the GAO report from 2005 posted on this forum...there is a code of conduct for the CSRs and I too echo that there are couple of women who are extremely rude and shut you out...I have had the experience with 2 women, one of them being an AA and other seemed to be an old woman with a southern drawl.
2. At the end of the day, CSRs business is not to question the questioner or even ask how the questioner landed there...they can be polite and redirect us to NCSC, no point in showin an attitude which is almost obvious.
2a. Whats worse is that the customer is the one calling with a cool head and in almost all possibility the one with one at the end of the conversation.
2b. Has it ever occured to all the ones raising the questions that all of us need to dance around our questions lest we upset the CSR? This is a joke!
3. I agree, GC is a privilege...not at the cost of inherent pride what makes us all tick. Surely, each of us wakes up in the morning for a reason.
4. The system is to blame finally...luckily, there is this forum for all of us to vent and share...please dont take upon the moral authority...the forum administrators will do just that :D
5. What is unfortunate is that the TSC IOs know our plight and dont even empathise with our situation and callously remark 30, 45, 60, 90 and 180 days...having access to the CLAIMS3 CLAIMS2 systems, I believe they have access to the information which, in reality, they dont know how to acces(new to the job or not trained)...the canned answers to listen is frustrating all the times...

So, while you allow info to be shared...its alright, to vent also...oh yeah, I forgot abt the race, big deal! Half the time, the black man on the TV is making the most self-deprecating remarks...this aint even a kiss from a rose! hehehe
nuff said.

OK, I completely agree with you here! And your point #5 is my #1 frustration. So all I got right now is to wait, wait, wait my life away.

Either way, this thread just made this whole forum more exciting. :D

when Infopass tells me that I should be calling TSC directly and urged me to talk to an IO there, who are you to tell me that I'm not "supposed" to be talking to them. are you kidding me?

First off, I didn't mean to address you personally in my earlier post. It's just that after reading all the posts in this thread, I ended up wanting to say something, and your post posed a few points I wanted to address. So no offense intended, please.

Secondly, this thread was about people calling TSC IOs without any suggestions from Infopass IOs or anyone else. Your case is different, so my earlier post may not even apply to you. You chose to apply it to yourself and then proceeded to challenge me. How the hell was I supposed to know?

When Infopass IOs urge you (this "you" is you, specifically) to talk to IOs there, perhaps you could try asking NCSC folks to forward your call to an IO, instead of trying out some trick to get to an IO. While I've read some NCSC folks do that, many of them cop out by saying they can't do that. My only point was that it's one thing to use the channels provided by USCIS and feel frustrated when no information is provided. It's quite another to trick the system, then feel cheated and/or demanding when it doesn't work.

I agree the system is broken. However, complaining about it amongst ourselves over here is hardly a solution. If we all do is vent here, nothing's going to change. None of the people with the power to effect a change give two hoots about what a bunch of guys in a forum all agree and bitch about.

Do you think I should fall at their feet and grovel for being so gracious as to allow me the privilege of waiting for years while my peers and juniors go on to build fantastic careers?

Nice snark.

Again, I wasn't talking about your case in particular, especially considering I didn't know anything about your case. I knew after I posted the earlier post and went out for a while that I should have put that disclaimer in. Oh well... When USCIS screws up, you have every right to get pissed at them and petition them. The fact that it doesn't work is a symptom of a broken system. The people who can potentially fix this are the ones that represent you (well, at least they're supposed to represent you) in Congress. They are the ones you should talk to, to bring about any favorable changes.

I have a right to know how long this process will take so I can make a decision not to pursue this at all.

Agreed. Hence the recent changes in USCIS' processes to try and adjudicate most applications within 6 months. Whether it works or not is for time to tell. We didn't benefit from these changes, true. However, by the same token, many of us may not be here were it not for the increase in H1B quotas in the previous 8-10 years. For all I know, 5 years down the line, I-485 applications may actually take only a few weeks to adjudicate! Won't we look like fools then!

I believe this thread might get hijacked by my comments and your responses to my comments, so if you have anything else unrelated to the original topic of this thread, I'll be happy to continue this offline via PM or another thread. Till then, relax and have a good weekend - what's left of it, anyway.

marooned, look at all those LUD's in your sig:eek: With all that activity in your account, I bet you're really close to getting your GC!

Antilope, I wish!!!

Unfortunately, all those recent LUDs are most likely because of various things I myself did:

1. Spoke to IO on Friday, found out they sent me an FP notice that got lost, got the FP rescheduled.
2. Didn't want to wait for the rescheduled FP notice to also get lost, so took an Infopass appointment for Friday afternoon and did my FP.
3. Wondered why I didn't get my FP notice as well as the response to my SR which they apparently mailed on June 26th. So "changed" my address online, both in general, as well as specifically for my I-485 application.

Those LUDs could be for any of the above. I'd feel a bit more hopeful if there were any LUDs in the coming week, especially if my FP results were received by USCIS.

What is unfortunate is that the TSC IOs know our plight and dont even empathise with our situation and callously remark 30, 45, 60, 90 and 180 days...

Man, don't even get me started on that.
When I heard the automated message on NCSC that I should wait 180 days after the VSC->TSC transfer before calling them for status, I probably hurled out every single cuss word I learnt in college, and then invented some more extemporaneously simply to express what I felt about that message!

I mean, all they did was transfer files. Now we have to wait 6 months?! Completely artificial delay for no bloody reason.