interesting crap from Customer rep

U_take_it_easy

Registered Users (C)
check this
after reading so many theories and stories potential things that can happen
i called to check status of my 485 if it was pre-adjudicated, i got this nut case customer rep, i could not get an IO instead got a NSC rep, she asked me the receipt # , and a few mins later she started reading out what is availble on the web. and then asked me a document was sent and if i received, shesh read "document" card i said NO, but i did receive a document( which was confirmation of address change which i changed 2 years back). i told her i received a document not a card. she goes on to say a document = card.

and then she said ur card is lost bcoz u did not receive and i have to file form i-90 or something for that. i could not believe what kina idiots were sitting out there and tryng to help us.

part 2

i tried calling again...30 mins wait my battery died...i called it a day

part 3
-------
i tried this morning after 40 min wait i got a lady i wont call her rude but gave quite a bit of info after pestering, she asked me if my finger prints were done i told in may 2007, and then i asked her if my case was assigned to an officer she told me that case was assigned to an officer, is it possible for them not to know that finger prints were done and know that case was indeed assigned to an officer. i was thinking more like they prolly have all the info on the page or something.

my last question how much time to adjudicate my case... and she has no clue and she cant tell the timeframe.

my big question is are there an folks around who got approved after they got informmation from rep that there case has been assigned to an officer

good luck u al
utie

TSC agent on duty is rude

No information is disclosed, wasted time calling them, I slamed my phone on the bitch... sick of the black woman's Texas accent.

I don't think they can see more than we can see when we check our case status online. I got asked the same set of questions and was told pretty much the same stuff "Antilope, right now just wait for your FP appointment! OH you already had that done then just wait for a few months until you hear from us. No, I don't know if your name passed name check" etc etc etc. They tell you nothing you don't already know, in fact they make the situation worse because they can't tell if you had your prints taken and tell you to wait for the appointment letter, thus making you feel like they lost your prints becuase you've already been to the darn appointment! They suck.

No information is disclosed, wasted time calling them, I slamed my phone on the bitch... sick of the black woman's Texas accent.

Now don't you slam the phone on someone you gave your LIN # to, mayeb she can't give you any information (or won't) but what if she has the power to send your behind to the back of the line:D

check this
my big question is are there an folks around who got approved after they got informmation from rep that there case has been assigned to an officer

good luck u al
utie

As per what I know, my case is with an officer since June 4th, and yes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has happened to my case since then. The IO has been sitting [ shitting ???] on my case for the last one month.

I know a couple of people in this forum whose case was waiting in the queue when my one was assigned, and they have already got their green cards. So, I wouldn't give much wait on the "assigned to an officer" crap.

But then, I am a really unlucky soul, may be yours one would be quick.

I don't think she has the power to screw up anyone's case

Now don't you slam the phone on someone you gave your LIN # to, mayeb she can't give you any information (or won't) but what if she has the power to send your behind to the back of the line:D

These idiots make a little bit more than minimum wages, they live on our fees. I have little respect for them, they don't deserve anything any way.

i suggest we take it easy with racial sayings. Her attitude might be wrong, but still...
And yeah... about the accents we really shouldn't discuss other people's accents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'd get an attitude too if I had to take calls all day from people who expect to get answers to questions I do not have answers to. And then imagine how many people call and have thick accents or get aggressive and cuss or whatever. It's gotta be frustrating.

I don't think they can see more than we can see when we check our case status online. I got asked the same set of questions and was told pretty much the same stuff "Antilope, right now just wait for your FP appointment! OH you already had that done then just wait for a few months until you hear from us. No, I don't know if your name passed name check" etc etc etc. They tell you nothing you don't already know, in fact they make the situation worse because they can't tell if you had your prints taken and tell you to wait for the appointment letter, thus making you feel like they lost your prints becuase you've already been to the darn appointment! They suck.
they can. When you call cutomer service REPRESENTATIVE they really can't see more than you online, but when you get to the OFFICER - it's a different story - they can see the entire case - namecheck status, FP, whatever

I am outraged by the racial slurs in this thread. Please be more mature and MODERATE. The system is so broken that everybody is quite upset, but it does not help to open another front (race-related one). GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

they can. When you call cutomer service REPRESENTATIVE they really can't see more than you online, but when you get to the OFFICER - it's a different story - they can see the entire case - namecheck status, FP, whatever

Yes, you're right, I know this much but when I called today the OFFICER guy very politely told me that if I haven't been pending for 6 months then he cannot give me a status update. I even swallowed my pride and mumbled some stupid "but I've been waiting for so long" and that still didn't work. My i485's only been there for 2 months.

I am outraged by the racial slurs in this thread. Please be more mature and MODERATE. The system is so broken that everybody is quite upset, but it does not help to open another front (race-related one). GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

hey, they have to take their frustration out on something:eek: better than their wives:D

i suggest we take it easy with racial sayings. Her attitude might be wrong, but still...
And yeah... about the accents we really shouldn't discuss other people's accents.

I guess the accents bit is for me. It's a fact of life that many don't understand certain accents easily, it was just an example of something that may make life hard for a customer service rep, get over yourself.

me too, I called TSC and finally got hold of a lady after 43 mins waiting(wasting my time) and she read the same online message and asked me to go and check the status online(which I am doing 1000 times/day from last 4 years) and the lady doesn' know that, It was a waste of time but what can we do.....cross the fingers.

ha

hey, they have to take their frustration out on something:eek: better than their wives:D

I agree with biboo. Our GC processing getting stuck and we not getting the answer (what we all want to hear... "Yaw case is approved") that has nothing to do with getting frustrated (and specially using racial -- woh and wives?!) with TSC rep.

Here I want to put forward one more point, let's say if the customer rep on the other side was nice looking blonde...but could have said same thing.. would you get less frustrated and would not have use same words here?

Technically, we all calling TSC is wrong if message reads that call 180 days after transfer. (and POJ method is meant for something else). Think from their side, getting all these unrelated calls and stopping their immigration work is also unwanted distrubance.

WOM option is always open for any one who is really frustrated. But showing displeasure (specially if you think that the person on other side is LOW EARNED WAGER) does not help (at least not on this site..)

Last point, If all these other citizens were REALLY REALLY smart, then we would not have been here.

Always you have freedom to express your opinions but not at some else expense.

I agree with biboo. Our GC processing getting stuck and we not getting the answer (what we all want to hear... "Yaw case is approved") that has nothing to do with getting frustrated (and specially using racial -- woh and wives?!) with TSC rep.

Here I want to put forward one more point, let's say if the customer rep on the other side was nice looking blonde...but could have said same thing.. would you get less frustrated and would not have use same words here?

Technically, we all calling TSC is wrong if message reads that call 180 days after transfer. (and POJ method is meant for something else). Think from their side, getting all these unrelated calls and stopping their immigration work is also unwanted distrubance.

WOM option is always open for any one who is really frustrated. But showing displeasure (specially if you think that the person on other side is LOW EARNED WAGER) does not help (at least not on this site..)

Last point, If all these other citizens were REALLY REALLY smart, then we would not have been here.

Always you have freedom to express your opinions but not at some else expense.

MA_Labor-obviously you don't read a lot because this is not a good example of something that was put together nicely. It does have a point though.

Sudh-I was making light of the situation (notice I wasn't the one making racist remarks and regarding the 'wives" comment, notice the emoticon, i was making fun, get over yourself, it was a joke)-if they have attitudes when we call and act a certain way for whatever reason then I too am justified in saying they suck for not being helpful and worse, for creating more confusion when we do call. They could be frustrated having to deal with so many people per day, etc and so am I dealing with them sometimes. Sh*t happens, big deal. You don't know for a fact that they make minimum wages, they are gov't workers, even with minimum wages (which, as gov't workers they most probably do not make minimum wages) they still have awesome benefits so don't feel too sorry for them. You wanna deal with the person who made a racist remark, go ahead and copy and paste your last post after you quote them. If the customer service was a nice blonde and had made the same remarks, and the results of my conversation with her were the same as the ones I reported in my earlier posts, then yes I'd say the same thing. It's called venting. Also, how could our calls be disturbances when they are CUSTOMER SERVICE? That is their job; they sit down and answer phones. How am I disturbing someone when I am giving them a reason to get paid?

PS you're contradicting yourself. On one hand you're telling me I "always have the freedom to express my opinions" on the other hand you say "but not at someone else's expense". You're judging me. If I'm such a bad person for expressing my opinions at someone else's expense, considering that you're judging me, what does that say about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
- why is calling TSC wrong?

Because talking directly to IOs using the POJ method is "undocumented" and is NOT a service that USCIS provides. Just because we know how to do it, doesn't mean we have every right to. If we attempt to abuse the system, we shouldn't be too surprised if the system pushes back at us. Maybe the best thing for USCIS/TSC to do is completely remove the option, and pretend like IOs don't exist at all. Would that be better than having occasional rude responses?

485 is supposed to be done in a few weeks, not a few years.

Really? Few weeks?

- As for the reps, when you ask nicely and very politely, they give you a rude blunt non-answer. no excuses for that.

If you're talking about the NCSC reps, I have never had someone who was rude. Maybe I was lucky. If you're talking about TSC IOs, perhaps you should remember that you're not supposed to be talking to them at all, unless your specific situation is determined by the NCSC telephone menu system to warrant a chat with an IO.

I notice sometimes that the frustration of waiting for one's GC comes out as a demand based on a supposed right to be adjudicated as soon as possible. Permanent residency is a privilege, not a right, from what I understand. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Yes, we do a lot of good for this country. Yes, we pay taxes. Yes, we paid fees for our applications. Yes, we have maintained legal status for all the long, tortuous years we have spent waiting for our GC. However, all said and done, we're here at the pleasure of the laws of this land. Take it or leave it.

And before you attack this post of mine or me personally, keep in mind that I am stuck in this hell myself for 4+ years, on my 8th year of H1B, have missed the window a few times already, etc., etc.

If you need ways to get more information, the right solution is to have laws made that provide you that information. Which means, going through your congressman/senator. That's what they are there for.

And to end this on a positive note, all the very best for your case, as well as everyone else who's been waiting for this train ride from hell to end. :)

Marooned mentioned that, but still: we don't have the right to call them (we have to use tricks to get to them). They are doing us a fovor talking to us at all sometimes. And if you feel you can't stand some races maybe you should consider changing the country to single-race country? But for some reason we all left our single-race country and came here, where nobody actually invited us.

so please, be nice