INS Enquiry for Bachelor's Degree Req. - Help Please?

vetriabhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My company had applied for H1B premium processing (for Oct), and INS California has initiated an enquiry, that the job doesn't require a bachelor's degree (Restaurant Management). They have also asked for pictures of the workplace.

My company website has this degree requirement, but the officer has stated that this is not the requirement with similar other restaurants, and hence is not valid.

My lawyer is planning to send some documentation, but there is a chance of rejection.
Has anybody had a similar situation?
Can they can reject on this basis, and if they do, what is the best course of action I can take after that?

Any reply/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Abhi :confused:

vetriabhi said:
Hi,

My company had applied for H1B premium processing (for Oct), and INS California has initiated an enquiry, that the job doesn't require a bachelor's degree (Restaurant Management). They have also asked for pictures of the workplace.
---- genearly Restaurant Management does not require BS degree, your lawyer has to convince the USCIS WHY the BS degree is required
My company website has this degree requirement, but the officer has stated that this is not the requirement with similar other restaurants, and hence is not valid.
------let your lawyer/employer stisfy the USCIS WHY they need BS degree
My lawyer is planning to send some documentation, but there is a chance of rejection.
Has anybody had a similar situation?
Can they can reject on this basis, and if they do, what is the best course of action I can take after that?
----- they can reject, I know a case that was filed by resturent in NYC and it was rejected but NYC lawyer CYRUS MEHTA( www.cyrusmehta.com) replied RFE and it was approved
Any reply/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Abhi :confused:

Thanks for your input. My lawyer is preparing the documents.
If you ever come across any more information, please let me know.
Thanks
vetri

Whts the status now for RFE?

I am in a similar position now as you were. Could you please let me know wht were the kind of documents that your lawyer had sent for the RFE for restaurant manager?
Also, how long did USCIS take to respond to your case?

Also, would really appreciate if you could let me know if you got your H1b approved??

Please reply soon as I need to know what kind of information I need to submit.

Thnx.