INFOPASS - Passport stamping option is missing

GiveMeMyGCNow

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I checked INFOPASS site and for DC area residents (Zip code = 201**) the following option is missing :confused:

You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

What does this mean?

I saw some people in the forum getting Welcome Notices rather than Approval Notices (with stamping instructions) as well as Murthy.com is reporting that DHS is doing away with stamping as early as Oct 26th 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right

The option "You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp." is the one that you should use for PP stamping.

Did my stamping in the NYC office last tue after an infopass appt. The officer at first rejected my as my appr notice said friday 7:30-4. I then had to convince them that they had to honour my appointment as their system allowed me to book it. The supervisor there told me that it was a mistake the system should not have allowed me to do that - may be they have fixed the bug/feature (depending on wether you are the customer or consultant!!!).

I was supposed to walk-in on any Friday without an appointment. Check ur appr notice to see if has a particular day of the week you are supposed to go in.
Good luck

Damn....

VSC is so fast to act... The discussion that is reported on Murthy.com occured on Friday and the option is gone from Infopass site the following Monday.

Why can't VSC work on all tasks with this speed?

GiveMeMyGCNow

It might be based on the office you select?????

for example i entered 197**

I got four locations as options.so i selected Dover which is near.It took me directly to this message "Please enter the following information to schedule an appointment"

Then i went back and selected Philadelphia District Office
I got all the options related to "Please select type of appointment"

thanks
tiger2025

GiveMeMyGCNow said:
Any news on this guys?

My I-485 approved today, try to set an appointment through Infropass for Arlington, VA office, the option for passport stamping still missing. Does anybody has any luck with it? Do we must have infropass appointment to stamp passport?
thanks.

Hi Delux,

I am about to do passport stamping in NYC office. Did you go to the one at 26 Federal Plaza? I was able to make an appt, but on Wed, instead of a Friday.On the approval notice, it says same thing as yours.

What did you bring other than passport, original 485 approval notice, I-94? Do they need AP, EAD, H-1 approvals?

Thank you very much for your input.

Bighead126

delux said:
Did my stamping in the NYC office last tue after an infopass appt. The officer at first rejected my as my appr notice said friday 7:30-4. I then had to convince them that they had to honour my appointment as their system allowed me to book it. The supervisor there told me that it was a mistake the system should not have allowed me to do that - may be they have fixed the bug/feature (depending on wether you are the customer or consultant!!!).

I was supposed to walk-in on any Friday without an appointment. Check ur appr notice to see if has a particular day of the week you are supposed to go in.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Arlington - Try with any option

Hi Guys,

I went to the Arlington office for stamping and was told to get an appointment from INFOpass. I asked the person handing out the printout where it says to make appointment about the missing option he said that you can choose ANY OPTION and get an appointment time.

The only one that allowed me to schedule an appointment was the following option:

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card

So I got an appointment and will go try my luck on that day. Will keep you guys posted.

7thyearext
(name doesnt hold true anymore though :eek:).....)

Infopass option missing for Newark, NJ

Very true. I tried the link to setup an appointment..seems like the option for newark passport stamping is missing. I was approved on October 26th. Damn ! If they are getting away with passport stamping, i hope to receive my card on the day i go to immigration...i can't wait for snail mail..that may take too long !

bighead126 said:
Hi Delux,

I am about to do passport stamping in NYC office. Did you go to the one at 26 Federal Plaza? I was able to make an appt, but on Wed, instead of a Friday.On the approval notice, it says same thing as yours.

What did you bring other than passport, original 485 approval notice, I-94? Do they need AP, EAD, H-1 approvals?

Bighead126
Bighead - they are only looking for current EAD and any past AP, not H1. Don't forget to bring two photos.

For NYC you don't need an infopass appointment for passport stamping. And they do it ONLY on Fridays, no ther day. I have approval notice for another center which says M-F and went on monday to NYC w/ an inpopass appointment and been told to come back on Friday.

-Sanga.

bighead126 said:
Hi Delux,

Bighead126

Really? I was told later that if you go there w/o infopass appt, they would make an appt for you on the spot for another day. Maybe I should try a friday first before my appt date (a wednesday).

Thanks Sanga for your info.

Bighead

Sanga said:
For NYC you don't need an infopass appointment for passport stamping. And they do it ONLY on Fridays, no ther day. I have approval notice for another center which says M-F and went on monday to NYC w/ an inpopass appointment and been told to come back on Friday.

-Sanga.

GiveMeMyGCNow said:
Yes, I tried a different zip code and it works. I guess the Arlington, VA (DC District office) has a problem.

Does that mean that using a different zip code you got an appointment for the arlington office.
Or if it is any other office, can we go to an office which is not in our local area?
Please reply asap, I have to get my stamping done as I am going to India on 19th November.
Hopefully I dont't have to postpone/cancel my trip.

--
I 485 AD 10/29/2004

You are right, Sanga.

I just went for passport stamping today (friday, the original date shown on the receipt) instead of next Wednesday, the day that I made Infopass appointment. They let me in without asking questions. (If you are in for other business, they did turn people away by telling them to make an infopass appt.)

There were quite some people for passport stamping. We went in at 11:15 and out at 2:15. They took all the past OPT and AP to be destroyed later. Two photos should be front-face. Then the passport was stamped with the expiration date set one year later.

If you want, the social security office is on 31th Floor. You can update your social security card without that line (not allowed to work without authorization...). We didn't do it as we were too hungry.

Sanga said:

-Sanga.