Infopass experience June 22, 2007

INeedSomeHelp

Registered Users (C)
I had infopass appointment today morning at Newark, NJ. I asked to check my status and IO mentioned they received notice 2 days ago stating NO visas available until October 1 for EB category :( . Anyone had infopass appointments please post your experiences. I sincerely hope IO is wrong but I have no solid facts not to believe too.

Regards,

We did see on this forum that ppl have been approved within last 2 days. Lets hope IO was wrong.
Anybody else having infopass in next few?

Today I visited Infopass at Santa Ana, CA. this is my second trip in past one month. luckily same IO, she checked again. TSC called for PD when she sent a SR from my fist visit, that is only response from TSC. However she said today is change on the record is that "file is in transit to IO". As per her, the file is waiting to pickup by an IO..it might take a day / two/more depends on IO work load blabla....but no LUD on online.

Anyone familiar with "file is in transit to IO"??? what does it mean in reality???

==========

EB3, India
PD - Oct 2001
RD - Nov 2004
VSC-->TSC, 7th Mar'07
FP2 - May 10th 07
LUD - No changes after March t'fer.
Name checks - Cleared, IO and Infopass confirmed

still waiting for approval

Went for an Infopass at SF. Not so helpful. IO was a nice guy but did not know what to do. Another IO had opened a SR last month and I asked for an update on that. He just read and printed out what we can see in CRIS. Later opened another SR for the first SR.

One positive thing was he confirmed that my name check was done (Got a letter from the FBI after letter to FL last month, so nothing new).

I wonder, if it's the same Infopass guy/lady telling all these guys the same thing...THAT WILL BE FUNNY!

Friends,

I got approved today from NSC. I talked to Io yesterday and she told me clearly that as long as visa numbers are available on bulletin, visa numbers are available. If visa bulletin says its unavailable then its unavailable. All cases which are queue has been assign visa number. If case is in queue means name check/security check everything is clear.

Don't panic guys. If possible, keep to findout status of your case. though info may not be clear but you will have idea about whats going on.

Congratulations

Congrats July2003filer you had it log time coming. Looks like NSC is going full throttle. TSC has the blinkers on :(

Good to see some approvals. Sigh of relief!!

StillAlive,

Not sure what you are trying to say. I know what I heard. IO clearly mentioned Employment based She din't say "EB". There is little to confuse between "Employment based" and "Other Category". Maybe IO meant to say "Other Category" but said "Employment Based". I just hope what IO said was wrong and I'm not trying to spread rumors or crap everywhere. Sorry, If I offended anyone.

Anyone familiar with "file is in transit to IO"??? what does it mean in reality???
I read the Ombudsman's report and the USCIS Transformation report. The reports show that the majority of their processes are paper-based, involving physically moving paper from person to person and office to office, with only a few bits of information readily available on the computer. When you go for Infopass, they must physically transport your paper files to the office where you will visit.

So to answer your question, "in transit to IO", it literally means that the papers are in transit to the officer.

need some help

Did you check with them why your spouse application is still at vermont also about your 2nd finger printing.
thanks

Did you check with them why your spouse application is still at vermont also about your 2nd finger printing.
thanks
Yes. They said they don't know why my spouse application is in vermont. Also reg. FP 2 notice that IO said only if visas are available they can do something and as per IO as no visas are available they can't issue FP notice from Infopass.
Overall with infopass appointment there was nothing helpful for me.

I was not referring to you, that lady IO from NJ office.

Good to see some approvals. Sigh of relief!!

StillAlive,

Not sure what you are trying to say. I know what I heard. IO clearly mentioned Employment based She din't say "EB". There is little to confuse between "Employment based" and "Other Category". Maybe IO meant to say "Other Category" but said "Employment Based". I just hope what IO said was wrong and I'm not trying to spread rumors or crap everywhere. Sorry, If I offended anyone.