Infopass experience June 22, 2007

I was in Newark NJ office on June 21st and the Lady I/O at Window 1 said that Employment Based Visa numbers were unavailable as of June 20th. She also mentioned that you may see some cases being approved as the files were with the Immigration officers waiting to be seen by them

Nah. Just doesn't make sense.

I would be totally shocked if EB visas ran out.

Think about it.

• What are the chances that all EB allocations run out on the same date? Remember, each chargebility, within each category has its own allotment.
  • I suspect that AILA and immigration websites would be all over this story if it were true.
  • Apparently one of the interviewing IOs claimed that they ran out of visas on June 13th. Yet it was a day of two after that, that the USCIS issued the dramatic all current in all categories July bulletin. If 'all employment visas' were used up, (note no category/chargability qualification was given), or even looked close to be used up before the July Bulletin was issued then surely every single category (even EB1 and EB2) would be retrogressed. Instead, the exact, absolute opposite happened. Every single category was made current! I mean I'm sure their estimates aren't dead-on, but that would be too big a gap to make sense, don't you think?
  • The USCIS has no incentive to get people to file if they already know the visas are exhausted. The point of the massive opening in the July bulletin was specifically designed to ensure that, if anything, employment-based visas were at risk of not all being used. If they were already used up, there would be no need to open up the floodgates. They certainly didn't do it for the revenue, because by holding off for only 1 more month, those same applications would have to be filed for significantly higher fees.
  • Finally, all these reports are coming from a single office. Only one of many across this country.
We know there will be some retrogression by September and even more by FY'08 but given the above, and in the context of the July bulletin, I think an unqualified 'all EB visas are already used for this year' makes no sense at all.

Time will tell, but I suspect this is just some kind of miscommunication on the part of the IO, or local office-specific allocation issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB visa quota over for 2007 ?

I attend the interview in chennai consulate for EB3 visa..My passport has not yet come so far.. I contacted the embassy and they said i will get the passport on 1 week of july...

As someone pointed out... they may be out for the month of June... since ROW is not current for June... AC21 does'nt apply and they cannot remove county quotas...

Based on the www.immigration-law.com breaking news page, it seems that they DID in fact stop accepting "Other Workers" on June 5th even though it remained current.

It also seems as if EB will likely run out in July due to the number of cases ready for approval already taking up most of the remainder of this FY's allocation.

Perhaps the NJ office had already used its allocation of EB numbers and was not going to be issued any more for this year. I'd say the chances of retrogression in August are pretty good.

I would be totally shocked if EB visas ran out.

Think about it.

Time will tell, but I suspect this is just some kind of miscommunication on the part of the IO, or local office-specific allocation issue.

After all, looks like this was not miscommunication on the part of the IO. I just don't understand why they made July VB current and want to change it even before July bulletin comes into effect. Instead, they could have gradually moved few months at a time. Now if this one becomes "U", then all are going to suffer. Lets wait and see next week as more lights will be shed. I don't see any more light at the end of the tunnel :(