INFOPASS Abilities & Jurisdiction

July31

Registered Users (C)
My online status changed to Sent to DO for Interview on Sept 5th. Close to two weeks passed and haven’t received my interview letter. I did call the USCIS to learn that my interview is on Oct. 20th.

My question is:
  • What happens if my Interview Letter is really lost? Can the INFOPASS people print me a duplicate one?
  • And should I get INFOPASS appointment in my district alone. Or can I get it elsewhere. Am a consultant and spend Mon-Fri in a different city.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

My online status changed to Sent to DO for Interview on Sept 5th. Close to two weeks passed and haven’t received my interview letter. I did call the USCIS to learn that my interview is on Oct. 20th.

Can you make an infopass appointment for 10/20 and just use the infopass
receipt to pass the security to the interview room?

My question is:
  • What happens if my Interview Letter is really lost? Can the INFOPASS people print me a duplicate one?
  • And should I get INFOPASS appointment in my district alone. Or can I get it elsewhere. Am a consultant and spend Mon-Fri in a different city.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Make an INFOPASS appointment right now for 20th of Sept, Don't wait because the INFOPASS appt will be booked fully. When you get Infopass appt to get an interview appointment letter (duplicate), you can go for interview with that interview appt. letter thru security. They won't let you in without interview appointment letter.

What is the guarantee that infopass appointment will also lead to the floor for citizenship interviews? I wouldn't risk my citizenship based on that. Best thing to do is take infopass and go there at the earliest possible dateand talk to an IO.

I'm in Cleveland Mon-Fri can I go to the local USCIS office here for the INFOPASS? Or should I get it only in Houston (my DO)? Feel it's better to sort this early than wait till interview date.

I'm in Cleveland Mon-Fri can I go to the local USCIS office here for the INFOPASS? Or should I get it only in Houston (my DO)? Feel it's better to sort this early than wait till interview date.

You can schedule an Infopass in Cleveland, but there's no guarantees they will/can reprint the letter for you since you applied in another district.

You can schedule an Infopass in Cleveland, but there's no guarantees they will/can reprint the letter for you since you applied in another district.

Thank you all for the info. Will see what I can do and keep you posted.

What is the guarantee that infopass appointment will also lead to the floor for citizenship interviews? I wouldn't risk my citizenship based on that. Best thing to do is take infopass and go there at the earliest possible dateand talk to an IO.

You can go to the infopass IO first and told him/her you did not get the IL
but the interview date is indeed today. The infopass IO can confirm it
and then can help lead you to the interview floor and explain the
situation.

You can go to the infopass IO first and told him/her you did not get the IL
but the interview date is indeed today. The infopass IO can confirm it
and then can help lead you to the interview floor and explain the
situation.

The letter has a few things listed to bring along for the interview. How can you guess what to take? Each case is different.