Info required by rapidigm laid off guys

gc_seek123

Hi
I have been laid off by this company . My Rd is 11/19/2001
and ND is 12/11/2001.
I have a question of continuing I485 . Does Rapidigm Immigration helps us to continue process or we need to get a new lawyer.

Am in look out for job using EAD. Other than getting job what should I do.
Please give me some info regarding this as I am hoping to get approval soon.

Thanks in advance.

gc_seek123.

Rapidigm

Hi,
Same situation as you.. RD 9/25/01 ND 11/25/01. Laid off in Jan 03. No support from Immigration dept, they won't even give a copy of ET750A(Labor Cert copy) to help you get a 'similar' job.
But they do assure you that they will not withdraw the I-140. Thank god for small mercies. I am hoping to get approved this month without an RFE!.
Best of luck.
You can contact me at dusranazar@yahoo.com!

Don't worry

Just use your EAD to find a job as soon as you can. Everything will be fine b/c you have passed 180 days, as long as your old company do not withdraw your I-140. I was in a similar situation before and it turned out ok.

I quit rapidigm couple of weeks ago (rd: 3/15/02) and started a new job using EAD. I will hire a new lawyer after couple of months. Just want to share this info.

To GCParanoid

Hi GCParanoid,

What happens if the employer withdraws I-140 after 180 days of filing I-485? My employer is told me that he will withdraw I-140. I am not from Rapidigm. I paid for everything including advertisements on newspapers, filing fees and lawyer fees etc..

An Employer can petition the INS to withdraw I-140 Appl but will NOT be successful if 180 days passes since 485 RD before INS gets to adjudicate the case. (Pls be reminded that this does MAY not apply to concurrent I-140/I-485 filers, for which INS is yet to provide specific guidelines)

Employers do threaten because they need some foothold to keep the employee. AC-21 is surely a relief to mistreated employees and a direct message at the employers against job abuse!

Get a similar job ASAP using EAD.

Good Luck!

Rapidigm 750A

gc_seek123 and dusranazar
Please PM me. I was successful in getting details from Rapidigm after getting laid off.

I also work for Rapidigm

and being laid off by the end of May. Friends, Pleae advise what all documents are needed for AC21. I have completed more then a years for I-485.

thanks in advance
Vivek

Vivek,

Please try to get a job with the same job description. That should be sufficient, in case there is a RFE. WHo knows you might be lucky enough to get the approval without RFE soon.

Good Luck

reason for layoff ?

vivek can you share why you were laid off by Rapidigm ?. Were you on bench and if yes how long before they decided to lay you off ?. What skill sets you have ?.

Let me know.
thanks

saini_vivek,

As far as i know, rapidigm has a very good immigration dept.
So most likely you will get a GC without any problems.
All my friends at rapidigm got GC without any RFE or Transfer.

for your labor info, send an email to their immigration dept asking what was the job description and salary did they specify for you.
They will email you back with the info.
(they do not give the copy of labor clearance, even for the current employees)

Meow

Thanks meowmeow

for the info..
Yes, They wont provide all these documents. I am not sure whether to inform BCIS/INS of the change of job.
I am expecting RFE as I am moving a lot for projects and I moved recently to Michigan.

anyway, thanks guys
Vivek