Info Pass Appointment

cregan

Registered Users (C)
From the nice advice I received on this forum, I decided to schedule an Info Pass Appointment.

What should I expect? My application is out of it's normal processing time. When I call USCIS, they tell me it will take a long while before my application gets processed and my lawyer always say to wait.

I will bring all documents along with the appointment sheet. What should I expect? Are they scary mean? Should I be nervous?

Thanks

Just relax never mind the USCIS lady, the fact of the matter is that USCIS is trying to process all cases pending for more than 1 yr before Nov 2008. I was also in this situation after numerous call, wrote FBI, congress, i was told BC is not cleared. I gave up and was looking forward to Nov 2008, then just strolled to my mail box and saw interview letter. So just don't worry yourself too much, infact this process can be frustrating. As long as you have a clear record you should be fine.

You dont need any documents except the infopass and your alien number. They will look into the system and tell you what's going on.

Good luck to you.
ncc

No need to worry at Infopass. The IO should be able to tell you if you're stuck in name check or not.

What time should I get to the appointment. Everytime I would go to INS, I always showed up 1 to 1:30 hr early to make in on time. With an Infopass appointment, do I have to show up early to make it on time through the long line? Or are we a little more lucky with time with the appointment?

Thank you

I just had my info pass this past week. My DO is in Baltimore, I made appointment at the eariest time that was available on the system. It was AT 8.10 am.
I arrived at around 7.30 am and there was no line. I checked in and received a quere number as the 2nd person in line. I did not have to wait until my appointment and I finished all my inquiries with IO before 8.10 am.
I am not sure about your DO but if you could have an appoinment earier in a morning and try to be there as eariest you can..you may not have to wait too long.

Thanks.

The earliest time was 7am. I took my appointment for 7:45am. I'll plan on being there at 7am and bring a magazine to read :)