Info on how to start working without ssn and with ead

TensedAlways

Registered Users (C)
I was going thru the website of social security and here is how to start working after getting ead.
many a times what happens is that after getting the ead and u apply for the ssn and it takes a long time to get the no as it will go thru the ins verification process which can take about 60 days.
but in the meantime a person can start working this is according to the faq on the social securitys website
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin...nl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT02&p_li=

also the other thing is that if the employer is very finicky at the time of filing the i-9 form then there is a clause in filin for the i-9 which says that if an employee doesnt have some of the required docs then they can show the proof of application and then submit the docs within 90 days.
so while comleting the i-9 form we can give the photocopy of the application
ssn and hopefully the employer will accept it.

the only thing which i dont know in this is how will the employer pay the employee without a ssn no.

Federal tax return by employer

When employer files the quarterly tax return with IRS, they have to give the SSN of employee or they can give the ITIN (if any) of the employee when SSN is pending.

i do not think u can give

the ITIN no instead of the SSN no.I have written a mail to social security administration asking the same question yesterday.so once i hear back from them i will post here.