info needed

srilatha19

Hi we recently filed I-485. I have one question. I called 911 due to some reasons. They came home and asked information why you called like that. Then we told everything is fine. Is this going to effect G.C in any situation.Can anyone faced like this situation. Help is really appreciated.

No. It won't. You didn't commit any crime. Did you dial accidentally or was the call related to domestic violence? As long you/your spouse were not charged - then you are okay.

My son called 911 and they came to my home and we told tem no problem. We got our GCs few days ago.

Hi we recently filed I-485. I have one question. I called 911 due to some reasons. They came home and asked information why you called like that. Then we told everything is fine. Is this going to effect G.C in any situation.Can anyone faced like this situation. Help is really appreciated.

If you call 911 3 times, you may get stuck in name check. You still have another chance to use, be careful after that....

Silent or abusive calls to 911, is a misdemeanor. A person is in violation, if he or she makes a telephone call to 911, when there is not an actual emergency. An offense under this section is a class "B" misdemeanor. Google "Penal Code Sec. 42.061"

But I am not sure how and why will it impact the Name Check process?

Name check is related to National Security. The purpose of the name check is to enhance national security and ensure the integrity of the immigration process. USCIS is responsible for ensuring that the immigration system is not used as a vehicle to harm the United States or its citizens by screening out people who seek immigration benefits improperly or fraudulently.

Last edited by a moderator: