• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Inerview in London today!

luciloo

Hi I have been reading posts on this forum for a few months and I have found them really useful, so here is my contribution.
We had our interview in London today and it was quite traumatic!!
Our appointment was at 8.00, we arrived at 7.30 to find 40 pepole queuing outside. We got inside the building at 7.50 and were asked to sit down in a massive waiting room, and boy did we wait..... at 9.30 our number was called, we went to the designated counter with all our paper work. I was soooo nervous I thought I was going to pass out!
passports, check!
photos, check! errrr .... "you need 2 pictures for each person mam"
:confused:"what??! what 2 pictures?! I thought we only had to give one if we submitted one with our application?"
GUYS, IGNORE THE CONFUSING BLURB ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE LIST OF PAPERWORK TO PROVIDE, UNLIKE ME, MAKE SURE YOU BRING 2 PICTURES, END OF STORY
The gentleman sent us back to our seats where we stewed for another 2 hours not knowing what on earth was going on, could this be over before it even really started because of 2 stupid photos? everybody was overtaking us and I could not concentrate on anything else but the screen with numbers.
2hrs later, the same guy called for us and asked us togo to the cashier and part with our money (still not knowing what the heck was going on.... not a nice feeling!)
back to the guy, 3x $775 lighter and we start handing out all documents, originals, copies, translations , etc....
And back to our seats we go for another... 1hr and a half!!
All diversity visa candidates had gone by then when we were called again. An extremenly nice and friendly gentleman spoke to us and asked us a few questions such as , "where did you go to uni? what do you do?" and then said, "I have read your file and all is in order, I will approve your visas, welcome to the family!"
I was so overwelmed, tired, relieved and happy that I literally burst out crying!! :)(great...)
6 hours in total but all worth it though, I have not stopped smiling yet

Sounds like real pressure. at least its over now. thanks for the heads up on the pics. i thought none was required as it was sent already. i called the embassy they said to bring one. i will get the two.

good luck.

Nice one, and thanks for sharing. Makes life so much easier for those of us who are still waiting to be called. Would you be so kind as to post your signature so we have some background?

Many thanks.

Congrats!

Did you have I-134 as part of your documents?

USAHolic, if u will be doing ur interview in london, u must go with I-134 and if possible u shud also ask the person that fill I-134 for u to also give u his/her 2008 1040 Federal Tax Forms. I did my interview in london and after collecting I-134, I was told to go and collect 2008 1040 Federal Tax Forms from my sponsor and mail it to them. To avoid delay it is better to get both ready.

Actually this is not quite right Ayoblack. We did not have that form, but showed we had enough funds to support ourselves

luciloo and Ayoblack,

thanks for your advices. I have money in my account (more than poverty guideline) and I have property in the form of TITLE DEED which worth more than $250,000.
Do you think I still need I-134?

thanks

luciloo and Ayoblack,

thanks for your advices. I have money in my account (more than poverty guideline) and I have property in the form of TITLE DEED which worth more than $250,000.
Do you think I still need I-134?

thanks

Since u have enough money in ur account there is no need for I-134. U only need I-134 if u dont have enough money in ur account. Somebody on this forum said the minimum amount to have in bank account for a single person is $15,000 but i dont know how far it is true.

Actually this is not quite right Ayoblack. We did not have that form, but showed we had enough funds to support ourselves

@ luciloo, i didnt say its a must for somebody that have own funds to still provide I-134. I was only talking about those that do not have own funds because in some countries they dont ask for I-134 and own funds, once u win and ur documents are genuine u'll get ur visa.

Since u have enough money in ur account there is no need for I-134. U only need I-134 if u dont have enough money in ur account. Somebody on this forum said the minimum amount to have in bank account for a single person is $15,000 but i dont know how far it is true.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, For a single person is about $15,000 and in my case it is $24,000.

hi luciloo

i saw you mentioned 3x775, did you go with your child? who was the winner? yourself or spouse? did they ask all questions to winner only or all persons including children are called to the window. on the first visit to the officer, did you give all docs like medical docs, birth cert, police cert, marraige cert, pics, school certs, proof of finance?
thanks.

Hi

I was the winner and my son did not have to attend as he is under 14. all the docs was given to the first man, who basically builds up your case for the interview. Both my husband and I had to answer questions, but they were really basic like : what do you do? where did you go to Uni?

Hi

I was the winner and my son did not have to attend as he is under 14. all the docs was given to the first man, who basically builds up your case for the interview. Both my husband and I had to answer questions, but they were really basic like : what do you do? where did you go to Uni?

strange...my kids are all under 14 but the 2nd letter states that all persons must be present for the interview so i am planning to take them all. Where did you get the info that it is not required to take them?
thanks.

Hi

I was the winner and my son did not have to attend as he is under 14.

It probably depends (again) on the country. My children are also under 14 and needed to attend. Just read your personal case's information and do exactly as they tell you.

If they say all need to attend, why try to find info where it possibly in some one else's case says they do not need to be there. they are your children and I take it you are a family and move together, so included them in the whole process, which is also part of their life and plan to move to the US.

They where not asked to be at the window (but they are close to it the whole time anyway as its a small room and they see them) they were not fingerprinted either and they did not ask them required questions.
Now my children came up briefly just to "see" and then they also said something as everyone was very nice, and the children behaved perfectly so they did say hello which was very nice and relaxed.

Hope this helps!