Indv hearing next week

iceny

Registered Users (C)
So I'm scheduled for my individual hearing next week. I'm getting nervous. Hopefully I won't screw up on the dates. I just really wish that I can get it over with 'asap'. IJ assigned has pretty high denial rate too (70.7% denied, rank 89 nationwide) :eek:

Waiting is surely no fun :(

So I'm scheduled for my individual hearing next week. I'm getting nervous. Hopefully I won't screw up on the dates. I just really wish that I can get it over with 'asap'. IJ assigned has pretty high denial rate too (70.7% denied, rank 89 nationwide) :eek:

Waiting is surely no fun :(

Hope your interview goes well. Keep a positive attitude. Just a heads up, when you are getting interviewed, you will not be allowed to have your application in front of you. Therefore, know your application and your supporting documents inside and out. Your username suggests you are from NY. My case was also in NYC. In my case, the whole hearing was tape recorded and my interview lasted nearly three hours.

don't forget to be able to answer where,when,who,why and how.

You are an actor playing yourself.Be quiet,calm and everything will be OK.

Good luck

good luck to you. Can i ask how do you guys check the denial rates of a particular judge??? Thanx

Hope your interview goes well. Keep a positive attitude. Just a heads up, when you are getting interviewed, you will not be allowed to have your application in front of you. Therefore, know your application and your supporting documents inside and out. Your username suggests you are from NY. My case was also in NYC. In my case, the whole hearing was tape recorded and my interview lasted nearly three hours.

I was actually in NY but I moved to CA and filed here.
Yeah, I tend to get nervous and when I'm nervous, I can't really speak clearly. I just hope all the words I need to use will stay in my brain at that time (I lose words lots of time when I talk :eek: )

don't forget to be able to answer where,when,who,why and how.

You are an actor playing yourself.Be quiet,calm and everything will be OK.

Good luck

Thanks kalvar. Hope I win my "oscar" :)

good luck to you. Can i ask how do you guys check the denial rates of a particular judge??? Thanx

Thanks. You can check it here.

Check out Eloy City. That's brutal! 2 % total approvals from all 6 judges. I think they have some kind of agreement not to approve anyone. What kind of system is this and how fair is this? I wonder who would even want to apply for asylum over there... Some people might not be aware about those numbers though...

Hi Iceny, cud u share your experiences with me hw was the final hearing interview & wat was the reply gvn to u at the end of d interview coz i m also scheduled for my hearing. How many rounds u made so far with IJ right from ur master hearing? ur share of exp will make me preapre further...thanx in adv

Hi Iceny, cud u share your experiences with me hw was the final hearing interview & wat was the reply gvn to u at the end of d interview coz i m also scheduled for my hearing. How many rounds u made so far with IJ right from ur master hearing? ur share of exp will make me preapre further...thanx in adv

From master hearing, I've been back and forth to the court for about 4 times. First time I went, no judge was assigned yet so my attorney told me to just come but no need to bring anything. Second time, judge was assigned but my attorney didnt tell me to bring all original documents so it got postponed to 6 months later. Third time, IO only asked to see original documents, she gave all back the same day. Fourth time, individual hearing on last November. Judge was there, but she said she had an older case she gotta finish so she bumped me to October this year. We stepped out of the court and 15 minutes later, her older case were also out of the court. I had no idea what she was up to.

I'm now thinking about withdrawing or finding another way to get my status here. I just found out that my dad's having kidney failure and I really want to be there for him. I dont know what to do...