Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indianacarmel said:
DRHNP,

Your case was entered on the same day as mine ( PD 04/2002 Indiana, never made to regional). I don't have 45 D letter yet.

I don't even know if my case from 2003 has even entered the Dallas PBLS yet. My lawyer has not received the 45 day letter from that case. I am just glad that I filed PERM and was able to file I485/I140.

One question

Hi DrHNP
Congrats on your PERM approval. *what a sign of relief for you*.
I do have one quick question for you though :
Did you file PERM with entirely new PD or you could maintain old PD with PERM application. Once Perm was approved, you could file 140/485 right away or countries like India have to wait for it to be current status?
Lastly how much expenses did you incur for filing with PERM?
Thanks in advance.
RPH

Rxindy said:
Hi DrHNP
Congrats on your PERM approval. *what a sign of relief for you*.
I do have one quick question for you though :
Did you file PERM with entirely new PD or you could maintain old PD with PERM application. Entirely new PD. If I had gone for retaining PD, Chicago people would have to track my case from Dallas and that would have taken months. In this case, my case was approved in 1 week.
Once Perm was approved, you could file 140/485 right away or countries like India have to wait for it to be current status? Before oct 1st, all EB2 could file 485/140, now only people from "rest of the world: can file EB2 485/140. I was able to file before oct 1st.Lastly how much expenses did you incur for filing with PERM? The company I work for are very supportive, in total I have given the lawyer $17945 but have been reimbursed. I don't know what the company spent for ads.The lawyer gave me some discount for PERM :Lawyer fee 2750, 485/140 filing fee 2850(for 2 people) USCIS fee 1500
Thanks in advance.
RPH

Good Luck

Sleepless, did you get it ?

Hi Sleepless,

I guess your PD is also Aug 2001. Did you get the love letter?

Vijay

Just wondering if anyone has received their 45 day letters since the last posting on this thread. It is over ten days since anyone last posted so just felt that somebody might have some good news to share.

I know my case was partially ended on June 30th. Still no news. Am currently waiting for update from Senator Lugars office, they are doing a status check on my behalf. My priority date is November 2002.

Lynne, have you heard anything from Senator Lugar's offcie yet? My PD is April 1st, 2002, never rec'd 45 days letter so far.

Thanks

Indianacarmel said:
Lynne, have you heard anything from Senator Lugar's offcie yet? My PD is April 1st, 2002, never rec'd 45 days letter so far.

Thanks

First follow up was that labor had told senators office categorically when the backlog centers were set up that regional cases would be processed first. Very different to the public notices they let the people affected see. On a personal level I asked what harm it could do to take 15 minutes of one persons time to look at cases such as mine with children who are going to age out imminently and was told they could not do that as it would set a precedent.

Another request for information is currently awaiting an answer. They have submitted some approval dates for state cases which according to the backlog center were not possible.

In reality I feel it is just going to be wait another, not sure how long, still no 45 day letter although see some in the other forums with case entry dates after mine from varying priority dates.

It would appear that the people who got the contract simply do not know how to sort a spreadsheet and work from the oldest cases first for any category.

Hello Lynne
I completely understand your position esp. with one of your kid's application aging out.
Just out of curiosity, do you know any body in senator's office or could we contact them too, which would put pressure on them to get few facts straight (esp. the way INDIANA processing is turning out to be). My attorney is fit for nothing. They wouldnot make call to anybody to find out the status of our pending applications (PD July 2003). It is so frustating.
Thanks
RPH

Rxindy said:
Hello Lynne
I completely understand your position esp. with one of your kid's application aging out.
Just out of curiosity, do you know any body in senator's office or could we contact them too, which would put pressure on them to get few facts straight (esp. the way INDIANA processing is turning out to be). My attorney is fit for nothing. They wouldnot make call to anybody to find out the status of our pending applications (PD July 2003). It is so frustating.
Thanks
RPH

I have been in contact on and off for over six months now with a lady called Susan Brouilette at Senator Lugar's office. I think the more people make contact and can give her hard facts about the ineptitude of the backlog elimination process it can do no harm. I am disappointed that our state representatives are not prepared to stand up and push some action but that is the way it is.

The telephone number of Senator Lugar's office is 317 226 5555.

The story she is being told is that there are absolutely no state cases being processed beyond April 2001 currently. Of course we are seeing postings that this is not the case.

I am somewhat bemused by the randomness of the 45 day letters. There are postings with case numbers that were entered after mine, have had letters, almost three months ago, and some have even been approved.

Have you received your 45 day letter?

Hi Lynne : No I have not yet recd. any 45 days letter yet (atleast thats what my attorney's behaviour says in generalised email to all their clients). I believe if just talk to any secretary in senator's office, it will not be considered as an official conversation. Instead, if we all (waiters) from IN could draft a concern letter and mail or email to Senator, that should do the trick. Pls let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
RPH
PD: 2003, July
H1B expiring in Feb 2006. Filed for extension - no news yet.

Rxindy said:
Hi Lynne : No I have not yet recd. any 45 days letter yet (atleast thats what my attorney's behaviour says in generalised email to all their clients). I believe if just talk to any secretary in senator's office, it will not be considered as an official conversation. Instead, if we all (waiters) from IN could draft a concern letter and mail or email to Senator, that should do the trick. Pls let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
RPH
PD: 2003, July
H1B expiring in Feb 2006. Filed for extension - no news yet.

I wholeheatedly agree with your observation. However, getting past the person on the phone is pretty much impossible. I have emailed any number of senators and the only one who has ever responded was John McCain who told me he would pass my case to Senator Luger. Never heard anything. I honestly believe the only way to get attention is if somebody knows anyone who can get to the Senator personally, one to one. Remember we are about as significant as a flea to these people and without confronting them they do not take any notice whatsoever.

I am not at all sure that anyone cares enough to do anything. It does not affect them so it does not exist. Like an ostrich burying its head in the sand. I would appreciate any suggestions. This trap is suffocating us all and forcing us to have our lives on hold for an indeterminate period of time.

Contact Senator Lugar

Lynee,
May be should take an appointment and go meet him in person.

PSJV.

Every one from SWA case should be very actively involved, I am in conversation with my regional Senator Bayh's office, with congressional inquiry twice on my case, same answer, that they are processing April 2001 state cases, didnot clarified that those were for state cases or regional.

Backlog center and nationalization of labor cert with centralization into two main BPC centers were meant to reduce the back log of the states(not just the cases) severely back log, and what were those states...............INDIANA as #1.

Every one who truely belive in a fair system ask the same question why all SWA cases and TR cases are still suffering, how come a case filed years after a SWA case gets approved while that person still waiting, just because he or she live in a backlog state that never sent case to regional or its a TR case, if thats ture so what those backlog reductions centers are suppose to do?

Some one need to answer those questions. there is no audit, no checks no procedure and policies, memo says clearly cases processed based on PD by FIFO.
Wake up every one contact the senator, also every one can send a letter to Mr. E. Chaio, secretry labor dept, I did send him a very straight letter week ago. no responce yet.
thanks for reading my frustations.

PERM @ first month advertisement
RIR, IN, Oct 2, 2002( temp case # no letter)
140approved( NIW- 5 year physician underserve commitment)
485/EAD pending awaiting adjudication via RIR or NIW

I agree

I am 100% with all the frustation. Its all jinxed.
I am a Indian national in IN with PD 2003 July. No 45 days letter or whatever that letter seems to be.

I was told (a year ago) by my attorney that if I decide to file with PERM, I would loose my old PD and that would put me back in new waitg line for 140-485 since I am Indian national. Just like Indianavictim's case, I plan to file for PERM, but the question is :

Can the PD of old number still be maintained?
What if with the new PD number- I get my LC approved, can I go ahead and file for 140 and wait on 485 to be current?

My attorney is fit for absolutely nothing, so I chose to ask these important questions here.
Pls advise.
Thanks
RPH
ps : Could we all draft a chain-letter; signed by all and fwd to senator or who-so-ever who could take the matter seriously.

Rxindy said:
I am 100% with all the frustation. Its all jinxed.
I am a Indian national in IN with PD 2003 July. No 45 days letter or whatever that letter seems to be.
Exact same situation Indian national with PD of July 2003

I was told (a year ago) by my attorney that if I decide to file with PERM, I would loose my old PD and that would put me back in new waitg line for 140-485 since I am Indian national. Just like Indianavictim's case, I plan to file for PERM, but the question is :

Can the PD of old number still be maintained?

Yes if you file "IDENTICAL APPLICATION" AND Withdraw old application. You can file a separate PERM application (which is what I did and was able to file I485/I140). Due to retrogression, you'll only be able to file I140 AND NOT I485, which would have gotten you EAD and AC21 advantage.
What if with the new PD number- I get my LC approved, can I go ahead and file for 140 and wait on 485 to be current?

My attorney is fit for absolutely nothing, so I chose to ask these important questions here.
PM me if you need detailed information.
Pls advise.
Thanks
RPH
ps : Could we all draft a chain-letter; signed by all and fwd to senator or who-so-ever who could take the matter seriously.

Thankyou

Thanks Dr. for your prompt reply.
I PMed you with few more questions about my case.
Thanks once again.

Good news for some Indiana Labor Guys

Guys,
I have seen with my own eyes that one of my aquaintance from Aug-2001
received his 45 day letter for Indiana state from Dallas BEC and was
replied by attorney.
The second one is 1 more person whom I know, has got his labor approved from Dallas BEC, both are from different companies and both were stuck in IN State Labor, never went to regional.
This is good news for us as we know atleast someone is looking at our applications.
I hope my case also gets some response soon.
:rolleyes:

StuckWithIN said:
Guys,
I have seen with my own eyes that one of my aquaintance from Aug-2001
received his 45 day letter for Indiana state from Dallas BEC and was
replied by attorney.
The second one is 1 more person whom I know, has got his labor approved from Dallas BEC, both are from different companies and both were stuck in IN State Labor, never went to regional.
This is good news for us as we know atleast someone is looking at our applications.
I hope my case also gets some response soon.
:rolleyes:

What is the priority date of the case that has received approval. Also, what is your priority date. Mine is November 2002 with Indiana and am still to see a letter or any communication. I know my data was partially entered on the last day of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.