Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 45D letter yet

Hello all from Indiana,

My PD is Sept2001, RIR, IN state, never went to regional. I have recd a screen shot printout from Senator Bayh's office which also indicates case number as T-05140-*****. I have not recd the 45D letter yet. The case status indicates "incomplete". In my company lot of cases from 2001 are pending and yet to get the 45D letter.

If anyone from Indiana in 2001 gets the letter , please please post it here, it may be you or your friend from Indiana...Please.

Has anyone talked to their attorney why only 2001 cases from IN are not receiving 45D letters? Cases from 2002 2003 from IN state have recd the letters long back.

Thanks

cprvm2 said:
My case number starts with a T and not D. It is T-05140. It is an RIR case with a PD (for Indiana, never went to regional) of 12/19/2001. The case status says "Incomplete" (on the screen shot I got in May'05).
I have not received a 45 day letter. Can someone please please explain to me what T means and why I would not have received a letter even though my day was 140? Thanks

indiacard said:
Hello all from Indiana,

My PD is Sept2001, RIR, IN state, never went to regional. I have recd a screen shot printout from Senator Bayh's office which also indicates case number as T-05140-*****. I have not recd the 45D letter yet. The case status indicates "incomplete". In my company lot of cases from 2001 are pending and yet to get the 45D letter.

If anyone from Indiana in 2001 gets the letter , please please post it here, it may be you or your friend from Indiana...Please.

Has anyone talked to their attorney why only 2001 cases from IN are not receiving 45D letters? Cases from 2002 2003 from IN state have recd the letters long back.

Thanks

Some cases from 2002, 2003, and 2001 have received their 45 day letters but certainly not all, it would appear that the files were dealed out like cards and if yours went to someone with a good work ethic you might have heard. On the other hand those backlog employees determined to make the contract last as long as possible just pace themselves. Just my opinion but accounts for hit and miss progress.

Petition Date July 2002 Indiana SWA, received 45day letter dated Jan 9 2006. Replied on Jan 13 2006.
Case#D-05200-3****
Thanks

Feb 06 Visa Bulettin

The latest visa bulettin is out and the date has progressed to Aug 01 for EB2 cases and to Jan 00 for EB3 cases. This is a forward movement of 6 months and for EB2 cases it has moved beyond the dreaded April 01 date and so is a good sign (look at the updates on Murthy.com). Hopefully next month the EB2 cases will progress to 2002 and many of us will be able to file for I 485 (along with I 140) once our labor cert is approved and so will be able to get our EADs 3 months after that.

thanks cprvm2.

I have a question.
How long does it take to get the labor certification after receiving the 45 days letter?
I know its a open ended question.I am trying to gauge the time I would be able to apply for I-140.

so ,
-> Recieve 45 day Letter
-> Approval of Labor Certification for RIR ( approx XXX days after 45DL)
-> Approval of Labor Certification for non RIR ( approx XXX days after 45DL)
-> Apply for I-140 ( approx XXX days after Labor Certification )
-> Apply for I-485 ( when PD becomes current EB2=08/01 EB3=01/00 and I-140 is approved)

Last edited by a moderator:
mdutt,

I think a correction is needed in your following assumption.

The number of days should be XXX (if not XXXX) instead of your assumption of XX.

Thanks.

mdutt said:
thanks cprvm2.

I have a question.
How long does it take to get the labor certification after receiving the 45 days letter?
I know its a open ended question.I am trying to gauge the time I would be able to apply for I-140.

so ,
-> Recieve 45 day Letter
-> Approval of Labor Certification for RIR ( approx XX days after 45DL)
-> Approval of Labor Certification for non RIR ( approx XX days after 45DL)
-> Apply for I-140 ( approx XX days after Labor Certification )
-> Apply for I-485 ( when PD becomes current EB2=08/01 EB3=01/00 and I-140 is approved)

seems like about 4 to 8 months for LC to get approved once you receive the 45 day letter judging from the time its taken for other applicants.

MI_NonRIR said:
mdutt,

I think a correction is needed in your following assumption.

The number of days should be XXX (if not XXXX) instead of your assumption of XX.

Thanks.

Being optimistic changed to XXX.

I have a quick question for this forum : How are you all able to get the case numbers with T-12345-**** format. Where does it say on pending application for LC? My RIR LC application was filed on July 2003 and the case number shown on the letter says 12345 (only 5 digit number). Am I missing something?
Pls. guide.
Thanks
RPH

how/where?

cprvm2 said:
seems like about 4 to 8 months for LC to get approved once you receive the 45 day letter judging from the time its taken for other applicants.

Can you tell me how or where did you get this assumption (4-8 months for LC approval) ? Thanks!

I made the 4 to 8 month assumption by following how much time it has taken for people who have received 45 day letters to get their LC approved. Yesterday I saw a person with an Aug 01 PD get his LC approved in one month. But most people are getting it approved within 8 months.

cprvm2 said:
I made the 4 to 8 month assumption by following how much time it has taken for people who have received 45 day letters to get their LC approved. Yesterday I saw a person with an Aug 01 PD get his LC approved in one month. But most people are getting it approved within 8 months.

The Aug 01 PD case, was this from Indiana and was this RIR.
If so, when was the 45 day letter received for this case.

Thanks.

Swa?

cprvm2 said:

Was that case in SWA before DBEC or FED?
When did s/he receive the 45 day letter?
Can you please paste the link here?

Thank you

Hi India Card,
My case is from July-2001-Indiana.Received 45 day letter in Sep-2005 and replied same month.Waiting for labor approval.

psjv said:
Hi India Card,
My case is from July-2001-Indiana.Received 45 day letter in Sep-2005 and replied same month.Waiting for labor approval.

What are the steps for labor certification after you receive the 45 DL . Mine in non-RIR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard my friend got his labor. RIR SWA, PD Apr02. 45 DL last July. His case and mine were entered on same day, based on the case number, but I still have not received 45DL. Without 45DL, our case can not get into the processing queue. The process is so depressing!
psjv said:
Just hope and pray :(

response to onlyhope

The process is so disheartening there are not words. My PD is November 2002, RIR EB3 Indiana. I do not have any friends who are I know are in this situation but watch the forum constantly. I still have not received my 45 day letter, seeing others get theirs with case number after mine. Could scream about it to be honest.

Having waited over three years for LC my son has aged out and is currently waiting to get a student visa to go to college out of necessity so he can stay in the US. However, with retrogression it would have happened eventually anyway, along with thousands of families like mine. Not sure what happens to him in the future when he gets his degree, the congressional response from labor didn't have a suggestion for that question.

The delays are the result of I am not sure what and we are paying the price in so many ways. I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.