Indian citizen baby born in US - have others had this situation?

Travel questions for US born baby

Hi Everyone
I am new to the forum and thread. I need suggestions based on experiences regarding a trip to India. My baby was born in US and both parents are Indians. We would like to retain Indian citizenship for our baby and I am aware as to how that could be done. We are also planning to take our baby to India this July and bring him back to US. I understand that having Indian passport will enable him to visit India without any hassles however it may be diffcult for him to enter US. I want to do this because we want to stay two or three years here in Us and go back to India permanantly after that period during this time want to take the baby to India only once. It would be of great help if anybody gave me suggestions of hassle free only once travel to india and back to US. Is it good to take AirIndia and travel through London or take Lufthansa and travel through Germany ? Is is possible to enter US with a birthcertificate ? or any other possible please let me know. Thanks

Hi Guys,
I am also in similar situation. I have a Son who was born in US and has a PIO. Me and My wife are both Indian citizens. We are planning to return to India for good in another 1 year.

1) After coming to India, Can i take the Indian citizenship for my Child by Section 5(1)(d) of the Citizenship act, 1955
mha.nic.in/citizenship/acquisition.htm

It quotes
"(d) Minor children whose both parents are Indian citizens under section 5(1)(d). Application shall be made by his parents in Form-III."

Has anyone taken this option?

2) Can i give up the US passport and Apply for US passport while i am in US and then return to India for good?

3) I saw some posts that there will be a problem after the child takes Indian citizenship and when he travels to US a Visa may not be granted. Has anyone been in that situation? Has anyone resolved that situation.

I would like to get your inputs on this.

Thanks for your help. Your inputs will help me a lot.

Hello,

I've a similar situation. I have plans to return back India in next 2 years and hence would like to apply for Indian citizenship for our new US born minor. Before returning permanently I've like to have a short trip to India.

Can you please guide me on what could be the best option? Currently I understand if the US born minor has to re-enter USA then she needs to have a US passport? PIO card seems to be an tiresome process with registration to different agencies in India upon return.

Thanks
Anil

Can you please advise how to av