India PCC Question

tamizhan24

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
It has been more than a month since I applied for a PCC at the Indian Consulate in Houston. They are the least responsive people and its so hard to actually get them on the phone. I havent heard anything yet. The letter from Canadian cnsulate stated that I need to provide all requested documents within 3 months of the date on the letter. 3 months will be May10. If I dont get the PCC from the Indian Consulate in Houston can I get some more time from the Canadian consulate. What is the process?

Also, for PCC I sent only notarized copies of my Indian Passport. They said that once they will ask for my P later and once I send it to them they will issue a PCC. To avoid the delay is it advisable to go to Houston? I mean can I just show up there and hope things move faster.

It is frustrating to think that Indian consulate is so unprofessional here.

Your experiences will be appreciated

Thanks

Send them an email

Please send them an email instead of calling.
I had found them EXTREMELY responsive. Both times I sent email they were responded to within the hour

tamizhan24 said:
Thanks for the email. I sent them an email once but got no response.
Did you send it to address the mentioned in the website. cgihouston@swbell.net

Thanks
Not sure what's happening with your case. I found them (Houston Consulate) very responsive and cooperative even in American Standard. I got my PCC in 3 weeks (that also I didn't send my passport the first time, they called me home to send my passport around 10 days after I applied) and everytime I sent them emails, they responded me within half an hour.