Incorrect "country of citizenship" on I-94

nrz2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody:

My wife will travel to home country after 4 days, just today we noticed that on her I-94 card (not the original one but the extention of I-94) has the country of citizenship incorrect, they put it the country where she was born in "which is not her citizenship country".

Now I don't know what should we do...it is too late to correct this mistake cause she has to travel after few days.

So if she just leave it this way, and surrender her both I-94s at port of exit, is this going to make any problems for her in the future especially that she is planning to renew her H-4 visa stamp in home country.

Any input will be appreciated.

Happens all the time

Take a look at form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. There is only a field for Country of Birth, none for Country of Citizenship. It is this field that gets transcribed into the Country of Citizenship box on the replacement I-94. I doubt that it will cause any difficulty.

You could have travelled to nearest POE and made the change in I94 (and the system) If you still have time do it, otherwise dont bother.