*** In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate ***

nice work

whatever amendment you added to the suit, it rattled the govt. attorneys.

I tried to understand the contents , but it was too much legal stuff .

Hope some day you will tell us what the significance of the amendment was.

------------------------------
praying for a positive outcome

Oh no

unitednations said:
Sure. What would be the purpose? Is it more of an update/strategize,etc.

I should not talk about strategy on a conefernce call, but I can explain what has happened so far and give some broad idea of what the future possibilities are. May be we should wait to hear from the court.

PS On another note, USDOL is taking some firm steps to eliminate the backlog. See attached.

Rajiv,
Thank you very much! This will definately shake USCIS up. They're taking hard working/tax paying to be immigrants for granted while illegal immigrants are given a royal treatment. It should be otherway around and I pray that it'll be. Thanks again.

Rajiv,

Finally, labor certification applicants may see some light. There is a change in the attitude. PERM or no PERM backlogs to be cleared is the new mantra, I guess.

Regarding, conference, I prefer to wait until the result. We sure will win and can celebrate the occasion.

485 update in CSC

i see from the website that California is currently processing Nov2003 aplications. my date is aug2003 and am not sure why i still havent heard back from UCIS. My I140 is already approved.

485 Receipt date is aug 2003.

any info on this will be appreciated

I would say "The slaves need to be free. It is not fair!" I paid a lot of money for my US education, pay taxes, work for US companies and I am just a slave.

operations said:
Or shall we wait to see whether we win or lose?
Mr.Khanna,

Not sure howmuch weight the current I-1485 litigation have on the AC21 law for concurrent filers. For example take my case:

12/21/2002: I-140 ,I-485 Filed in VSC (my residence in DC Metro, Corp in FL)
After issuing I-485 receipts, FP notices from VSC
03/10/2003: Asked to file in TSC

Thats it no clue, no response for letters, fax or calls, Its been 18 to 22 months, I Cannot work for another employer and current employer may file for Chapter-11 anytime. How troublesome, though there are planty of jobs ot there. Simply, I CANNOT BE HIRED.

Any hopes ?? Living in the dark with no peace in life, not sure how long ??

Last edited by a moderator:
A Rare Breed...

I just wanted to commend Rajiv's stewardship and his service to the community -- in that you're truly a rare breed. Keep up the good work and good luck with this litigation.

Out of curiosity, I was looking up some of Judge Robertson's past rulings and he seems to be fair and balanced.

However, a recent ruling on a case (see link below) involving President Bush's campaign may have a similar flavor as this case and his ruling reflects his sentiments during the status conference -- not wanting to tell the government how to run its business.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23343-2004Sep15.html

Rajiv is the man!

I believe the lawsuit, apart from looking at the root of the backlogs, is also straightening up USCIS's backside. If you look at the way the CSC and VSC dates are shaping up, I'm 100% convinced Rajiv's pressure had a role in this.

Maybe CSC and VSC dates are shaping up beyond a reasonable limit. For 485, VSC jumped from Nov 12, 2002 to Jun 1, 2003 in 15 days. Are these dates reliable? I know many people who have filed before Jun 1, 2003 and haven't gotten their GC yet. Can they file inquiry? Can we get CIS to answer as a part of the litigation?

It is definitely a result of Rajiv's lawsuit though all service centers should march consistently. They should all be working on November 2003 cases. Right now, only CSC is working on November 2003 applications.

pb74 said:
Maybe CSC and VSC dates are shaping up beyond a reasonable limit. For 485, VSC jumped from Nov 12, 2002 to Jun 1, 2003 in 15 days. Are these dates reliable? I know many people who have filed before Jun 1, 2003 and haven't gotten their GC yet. Can they file inquiry? Can we get CIS to answer as a part of the litigation?

We are not getting anywhere in TSC, why is this partiality. If the load is too much it has to be distributed across all service centers to be fair on all applicants. :(

I don't know if we should believe the dates posted!!!! But the good thing is people can start enquiry for their case.
Nebraska and Texas almost didn't change at all. Hope some day we will get approval.

pb74 said:

Hi pb74
I understand that you are excited abt the move to Jun 2003.
But still the fact remains that 485 in vermont is behind by 15 months.
THe actual wait should be not more than 6 months.

So, this is not a victory. Justice has not been done yet.

Either you get justice(lag of not more than 6 months) or we get no justice(lag more than 6 months).

I believe, we should not reduce the pressure on USCIS to improve 485 processing times.

It is too early to call it a VICTORY.

Thanks

As a matter of fact, I am not excited about new date (Jun 03). Because I know it's a lie. Many people have not got approval even when they have filed before Jun 03. What's the point when 50% os applicants are going to initiate inquiry? Won't it slow down CIS further?

pb74 said:
As a matter of fact, I am not excited about new date (Jun 03). Because I know it's a lie. Many people have not got approval even when they have filed before Jun 03. What's the point when 50% os applicants are going to initiate inquiry? Won't it slow down CIS further?

Great. Another approach would be to force INS to let us sue them if apps pending Jun 03 have still not been approved.

I guess the only thing that works in this country is Litigation.
We should probably have a flurry of lawsuits to make USCIS achieve 6 months 485 adjudication times