Impossible to get my IAP-66/DS-2019 Form?

RachelC

Hi everyone~ This is an excellent forum! I have just viewed a few pages of discussions, but already got a lot info. This is my first post and I have some questions regarding my J1 waiver.

I came to the US in 2000 through a youth exchange program and attended high school for one year. Afterwards, I changed my status to F1 and went to college. Now I have just graduated and will apply for H1 next April. But since my J1 visa says I'm subject to the 2YR HHR, I have to get a waiver ASAP before my H1 application.

However, my problem is that the youth exchange organization took away my then IAP-66 form at the airport when I arrived in US. I contacted them yesterday to request for an original/copy of the form, and they told me since it was so far back (6 years ago), they don't have anything on file for me.

So in this case, how can I still apply for the J1 waiver without the IAP-66? Is there any other way to make up for the lost form? Or can I have the exchange org issue some kind of statement regarding the lost form?

Thank you in advance for your opinions and advices!!

P.S. I didn't know how I got my F1 approved w/o a IAP-66 form. I gave the work to a lawyer through a middleman, so as long as I got my F1, I was happy. But now I am really worried... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall someone staying that the letter from the program sponsor detailing the program was substituted for an IAP-66. I am surprised people do not keep copies of these kind of documents....

I read your post about the lost IAP-66 form. the same happened to me. I would appreciate to know how did you handle it? since I am going through the same problems.
I calle dtha agency and they don't have any copy of my IAP - form (I had it 6 years ago)