Important: ***Confirmed*** - September Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Rekhak

I heard a from a friend that if your BC is not within one year of your birth you have to take affidavits from parents, plus school marklist copy giving DOB. Dont know how true this is, have not read anything to this effect.

I do plan to do the affidavit part, more because in my BC they gave the hospital name and the district, not the place. in 10th marklist and passport it's the place.

affidavit format would be :

I (please put the name of your mother/ father), being duly sworn on the _____day of ____, 20__, deposes and says that:

1. I am ____years old and reside at (address).

2. I am the Mother /Father of (Your Name)

3. (Your Name) was born in the city of _______, State/ Province of _____, in (County) on (Date).

4. (Your Name) is the son/ daughter of _____, my husband/ wife.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.

__________________ ____________________
(Mother) (Signature Of The Notary) (DATE) ( DATE)

(P.S.)

1. PLEASE GET 2 AFFIDAVITS. ONE FROM YOUR MOTHER, AND ONE FROM YOUR FATHER. AND PUT APPROPRIATE RELATIONSHIP AT THE APPROPRIATE BRACKETS.

2. IF THE AFFIDAVITS ARE FROM INDIA, THEY SHOULD BE ON A STAMP PAPER AND SHOULD BE NOTARIZED.

3. IF THE AFFDAVITS ARE FORM UNITED STATES THEY CAN BE TYPED ON A PLAIN PIECE OF PAPER BUT MUST BE SIGNED IN FRONT OF A NOTARY.

www.gowda.com

hth

Re: Thank you RKReddy

Hi Navraj,

Just an update, my review was done yesterday 08/26/2002 and hoping to get Nov interview.

RKReddy

Originally posted by navraj
Hi RKReddy,

Thank you for the reply, my interview is on 19th sep and I will be leaving to chennai from Hyderabad on 15th. When is your interview and which place in India are you from ( I don't remember exactly if it is you, but I remember reading some where in this thread that they had interview on 20th sep and they were from hyderabad).

Navraj.

Experience lettters

Hi Guys,

need your help..
my lawyer says i don't require experience letters..
please let me know..

i have sent the original experience letters to him.. he says he sent them to INS.. now i have only copies !

please advise..:confused:
interview in Sep..
thanks,
maruthi

exp letters

it doensot look like you _need_ them for the interview.. for 140 you need only copies. In any case, for your peace-of-mind you could try to get them again, or try to get your lawyer to give you attorney certified copies since he ash seenthe originals and would probably have copies of them in his files. But I doubt if this is something you need to lose sleep over now. if you can get the last job's one replaced, it would be good.

regards

exp letter

thanks Manish..

I going to carry a copy of the I140 filing papers..which contains all these..

I will ask tomorrow.. about the attorney certified copies..

thanks for the advise !
Maruthi

Need help for contents of offer letter

I am working for a small/medium sized company in US and I am the first one to go for consular processing from my company.

I have CP inteview in sept 2002 in chennai

Will any body please help me in giving the info about

1)what contents the offer letter shall have ?
2) Is it similar to the one the company submitted to INS for I-140
3)Can any one post the contents of their offer letter, so that I can ask my company to issue, similar kind of offer letter to me.
4) Or any one help be specifying the contents of the letter.

Thanks for your your help

answers

www.immihelp.com has an extensive employment letter section. however, it varies widely. mine for example is an employment verifgication letter which states salary and that I am a permanent employee, and a separate INS form 'offer of employment to alien' whichs states duties, offer, pay etc.

Re: Rekhak

What should be the value of stamp paper for the affidavits?

Also, the Immigration.com FAQ says that the affidavits need *not* be notarized. Can someone clarify, if notarization of affidavits confirming birthdate is required or not.

Originally posted by manish_r0

2. IF THE AFFIDAVITS ARE FROM INDIA, THEY SHOULD BE ON A STAMP PAPER AND SHOULD BE NOTARIZED.
www.gowda.com

hth

Re: Need help for contents of offer letter

Hi,

Here is that sample employement letter. Hope it helps.

RKReddy

Originally posted by cp_sept_2002
I am working for a small/medium sized company in US and I am the first one to go for consular processing from my company.

I have CP inteview in sept 2002 in chennai

Will any body please help me in giving the info about

1)what contents the offer letter shall have ?
2) Is it similar to the one the company submitted to INS for I-140
3)Can any one post the contents of their offer letter, so that I can ask my company to issue, similar kind of offer letter to me.
4) Or any one help be specifying the contents of the letter.

Thanks for your your help

Anyone flying out of New York/ DC on Sept 11th or 12th?

As per USA today, it is likely that no foreign registered airlines will be allowed in/ out on the Sep 11 and 12 out of JFK/ DC during certain time period.

UPDATE AT 7PM: Good News. Government backs off imposing restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am flying out on 13 th ..

I am flying out of Firday the 13th of september. Hope very thing will be fine.

Hi,

I have an interview on September 20th which is friday.
If everything goes well, Will I get the blue dart packet
on 21st Saturday or do I have to wait until 24th tuesday
(this is the next working day for the consulate).
I heard that they close consulate services on monday.

Thanks.

question about dd amount

Hi,
I want to know how much we have to pay in india
at consulate .
thanks

gcvege, you will have to pay $65 per person

Below is the reply I got from SSuresh

1. If you have gone through NVC for CP then you need not pay $335(Since you have paid $260 here).
2. For Visa issuance you have to take $65 for each applicant individually. For the latest exchange rate just call the number given in PKT4 before taking DD. It was $1 = Rs.49 when i took.

3. For Courier it is Rs.250 + N*50 where N is number of applicants.
If you have spouse then it is 250 + 2*50 = Rs. 350. You can take it as a single DD. I forgot in who's favour exactly it should be (It is for Blue Dart Courier). I will post this detail tommorrow for you.